Thinking of buying: How is the real-time multiplayer? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Shock Force 2

Solaristics -> Thinking of buying: How is the real-time multiplayer? (12/20/2020 10:12:03 AM)

As the title says, how has people's experience been with the real-time multiplayer mode with this game?

z1812z -> RE: Thinking of buying: How is the real-time multiplayer? (12/21/2020 2:13:42 AM)

Well the CM engine is quite flexible. Most people I know play by email. You really would be better off posting your question on the Battlefront CMSF2 Forum.

thewood1 -> RE: Thinking of buying: How is the real-time multiplayer? (12/30/2020 1:08:40 AM)

Its functionally fine, but based on BFC's philosophy of playing aids, its actually hard to play anything but fairly small scenarios. Because of the micromanagement needed to handle all units, its hard to coordinate everything and be all places at once. Theres no jump map, message log, jump to action, active pause, etc. It becomes a contest of who can jump around the map the fastest in a lot of scenarios. Of course, its been a few years since I tried it, but not sure much has changed.
The PBEM is the best way to play MP because of that lack of tools.

ETF -> RE: Thinking of buying: How is the real-time multiplayer? (2/26/2021 6:43:31 PM)

Agreed and no playback of the turns in the "pausable real-time" mode. They removed this years ago. Not sure why but really ruined it for me and other MP players.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI