How to estimate effective operational range for 7m RHIB small boat? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

VonWulfen -> How to estimate effective operational range for 7m RHIB small boat? (12/22/2020 7:41:45 PM)

Hi all.
I posted in the steam forum but thought I might try here as well.
I am currently playing the second surface vessel tutorial.
I am in command of a P 840 Holland offshore patrol ship.
I have a NH90 NFH asw helicopter and 2x 7m RHIB small boats.
I need to identify a target in a busy shipping lane quickly.
In order to do this I need to utilize the helicopter and RHIB small boats.
How to estimate effective operational range for 7m RHIB small boat?
Also, at what range to target should I deploy my RHIB?
Cheers :)
Edit:
I just launched them and received a pop-up message giving the details I needed.

SunlitZelkova -> RE: How to estimate effective operational range for 7m RHIB small boat? (12/22/2020 8:24:56 PM)

Once the boat starts moving, it should state the endurance below the fuel in the information column on the side. Something like "100000 fuel units" and then directly below that, "(1 week, 600nm)" which is your range at the current speed.

.Sirius -> RE: How to estimate effective operational range for 7m RHIB small boat? (12/22/2020 8:51:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SunlitZelkova

Once the boat starts moving, it should state the endurance below the fuel in the information column on the side. Something like "100000 fuel units" and then directly below that, "(1 week, 600nm)" which is your range at the current speed.

The RIBs I used to drive were Pacific 24 (24ft length) top speed 40kt range 81 nm at 20kt fuel tank 140 litres of Diesel.

Gunner98 -> RE: How to estimate effective operational range for 7m RHIB small boat? (12/22/2020 8:58:25 PM)

If you want to check before you launch a simple spreadsheet will help.
Go to the DB. Find the speeds vs the fuel consumption and compare that with time/distance.

So in this example cruise is the most economical speed (15knts) will get you a range of 200nm while Flank speed will only get you 100nm but you do that in 2.5 hrs vice over 13 hrs to get double the distance at cruise.

[image]local://upfiles/16451/4136FF170AE1434AB1CB7214D1630D09.jpg[/image]

VonWulfen -> RE: How to estimate effective operational range for 7m RHIB small boat? (12/22/2020 9:52:33 PM)

Many thanks, chaps. A lot of info to process but really enjoying the game, especially the surface ships.
I also got tacview and just watched my first RHIB and helicopter recovery. Really adds to the emersion :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI