Game will not install (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Lothos -> Game will not install (12/25/2020 10:35:42 AM)

Just bought this on Christmas Eve with the discount but trying to install it and it always gets stuck.

I am using Windows 10 have a Ryzen 3900x with 32 GB of memory and a GTX 2080.

I have attached a screenshot of where it gets stuck and just sits there.

[image]local://upfiles/20777/D02D1209C1634FBDBAF016C16CCC46B9.jpg[/image]

Lothos -> RE: Game will not install (12/25/2020 12:09:12 PM)

Nevermind I solved it

Had to boot Windows 10 in safe mode and install the main installer while in Safe mode with networking.

After that I could install the patches with a normal Windows bootup

pzgndr -> RE: Game will not install (12/25/2020 12:54:49 PM)

Good to hear. Sometimes the installer hangs and may need to be downloaded again. And installation of the patch can be a hassle. But it can be done! After release of the official patch, Matrix plans to re-master the installer to its current standard. That should help a lot. Enjoy!

ThomasJay -> RE: Game will not install (12/27/2020 3:04:40 PM)

I bought just before Christmas and had the same experience, had to install in safe mode and then patched in normal mode. I've started reading the manual and 'playing' a classic campaign as Spain just to get a feel for the mechanics, ui etc. It seems like a nice complexity level and I'm looking forward to getting deeper into it.

pzgndr -> RE: Game will not install (12/29/2020 1:19:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThomasJay
I bought just before Christmas and had the same experience, had to install in safe mode and then patched in normal mode. I've started reading the manual and 'playing' a classic campaign as Spain just to get a feel for the mechanics, ui etc. It seems like a nice complexity level and I'm looking forward to getting deeper into it.

Welcome! Be sure that you are reading the updated manual for v1.23. Sections 16-18 have helpful player notes and strategy articles for "what" a player may want to do. The updated manual now is more helpful for "how" to perform specific game functions. No one thing is too complicated; however, this game has so many different things going on that it is easy to miss stuff.

Also, I just posted the Murat Tutorial to help get new players up to speed. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI