Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

ChrisR -> Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (12/28/2020 4:44:55 PM)

Wanted - an allied opponent

I would like to play DaBigBabes "C" scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (Dec 7 start, extended map with stacking limits and lower cargo capacity) as such I am looking to play a historically plausible game to see Japan survive 1944!

Settings:
1 day turns
Advanced Weather: ON
PDU: OFF
Realistic R&D: ON
Historical first turn, December surprise, faulty USN torpedoes, FOW
Allied damage control: OFF
Auto subs: OFF
Latest Beta patch (11.26b)

Possible House Rules:
Player must pay PP to move restricted units across borders
Only strategic night bombing (city attack missions, no airfield or port attacks)
Plane max altitude 25000 feet
Army 4E bomber altitude 6000 ft or higher

foliveti -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (12/28/2020 5:14:58 PM)

I am interested in playing on your terms. I am located in US EST.

foliveti -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (12/28/2020 5:22:55 PM)

Where does one find scenario 30? The website for dababes only seems to have scenarios 28 and 29. I am fine with scenario 28 and your house rules, but do not want to play babes version of scenario 2. The objection is the increase in Japanese pilot experience which makes it very one sided. I am OK with any additional units provided to Japan, but not the super pilots.

joliverlay -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (12/28/2020 10:09:19 PM)

On the site it says the scenario you selected (30) is intended for play against the AI "DaIronBabes is an adaptation of AndyMac's Hakku Ichiu Scen002, ported to DaBigBabes system by Daryl Warner (drw61). This scenario is not completely compatible with stock, and is only realistically playable against the Japanese AI." So you might have a problem getting takers.

I might also look for another game as Allied. I'm an Allied only player, playing a Big B scenario now into mid 1943. I have been getting lots of turns done per day, sometimes up to 8 but most often 2-3 (my opponent and I have lots of free time at the moment), but I'm not very good as an Allied player and he is very good as Japan. So I'm thinking of a parallel game with someone of more comparable skills. Anyway, I suggest you take Frank up on scenaro 28 or 29, and good luck.

ChrisR -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (12/29/2020 9:27:51 AM)

I have played this Dababes scenario 2 game before using Da Babes Scenario 30c (DaIronBabes-C)

See link: https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/4-baironbabes

I use the extended map and new pxhexe files.

foliveti -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (12/29/2020 12:30:10 PM)

Chris, I am willing to move ahead with scenario 30. PMs sent.

duettoalfa -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (6/5/2021 12:26:00 PM)

did you start a pbem? didnt you find scenario 30 TOO unbalanced towards japan? I find japan has a lot more of everything: supplies, fuel, squadrons, pilots, divisions and I also have the impression the jap side is favoured by good die rolls, dont you?

Alpha77 -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (6/5/2021 5:16:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: duettoalfa

did you start a pbem? didnt you find scenario 30 TOO unbalanced towards japan? I find japan has a lot more of everything: supplies, fuel, squadrons, pilots, divisions and I also have the impression the jap side is favoured by good die rolls, dont you?

Personally I would not advise most of these mods and scens. At least some of them are more fantasy than reality. Also I read that eg. Dababes might be outdated (?)

Stock Scen2 already gives Japan some advantages - no need for 4E bombers, more CVs and even more stockpiles plus I have seen more oilfields (which is not possible)

Plus totally unrealistic ships like Kriegsmarine in the pacific etc. [>:] And strange "aux cruisers" for the Allies with hundreds of Bofors guns [:'(]

PS: I am up for a "leisure" tempo PBM as Allies, anyone up to the IJ task ? [:)]

duettoalfa -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (6/5/2021 5:39:28 PM)

I agree with you, I only chose scen 30 because all my pbems ended in 1942 when the jap player quitted, so I wanted to give my next opponent some advantage... didnt work: he quitted twice in the same pbem because he thought the scenario was unbalanced in favour of the allies (sic!).

Alpha77 -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (6/5/2021 6:22:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: duettoalfa

I agree with you, I only chose scen 30 because all my pbems ended in 1942 when the jap player quitted, so I wanted to give my next opponent some advantage... didnt work: he quitted twice in the same pbem because he thought the scenario was unbalanced in favour of the allies (sic!).

So which one did you play there are A-B-C versions?

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/4-baironbabes

Totally confusing and as I said these scens seem to be quite old and perhaps do not take the latest beta/patch into account..

(I downloaded version A and take a look - curious what I find...) [;)]

duettoalfa -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (6/6/2021 8:57:48 AM)

it was version A: no extended map

pontiouspilot -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (6/7/2021 2:25:18 AM)

I have played many 28-cs and find it perfectly compatible with the most recent Betas. All of my opponents have been very happy with the playability of this scenario!

duettoalfa -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (6/7/2021 5:58:40 AM)

I just find that a a good experienced jap player does not need all the advantage given by scenario 30.

castor troy -> RE: Allied Player for DaBigBabes C Scenario 30 - Hikko Ichiu (6/7/2021 7:04:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

I have played many 28-cs and find it perfectly compatible with the most recent Betas. All of my opponents have been very happy with the playability of this scenario!

Yeah, there's no reason why Babes wouldn't work with the patches.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI