research not being completed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

ileri -> research not being completed (12/31/2020 9:32:24 AM)

Hey all,

as you can see in the picture the research is stuck at 99% for several rounds already. Is there a reason that it doesn't progress? Thanks for any help

[image]local://upfiles/76270/F4968CEE6C924A89975D769BFC4FDA47.jpg[/image]

KarisFraMauro -> RE: research not being completed (12/31/2020 9:41:53 AM)

Linear research gets progressively more and more expensive as it gets closer to 100 percent. It's called linear because you accrue benefits from it as it goes along, rather than all at once when it's completed as with the other type, binary. Someone here suggested I switch linear research to something else whenever it hits about 70 percent, and that's been working well for me.

Now my turn to ask a question :D Radiation. What exactly does it do? I guess units stationed on hexes with sufficiently high radiation levels take, umm, damage maybe? Or is it morale, or readiness or something like that... Also I notice there are actually two different assets you can construct to deal with radiation, but the descriptions seem to be the same. I assume the one you need to research radiation cleansing for is better somehow.

ileri -> RE: research not being completed (12/31/2020 9:49:16 AM)

Oh thanks! That would also explain all those accumulated points. Excuse me now, while I go for a technology shopping spree for a few rounds [:D]

Maerchen -> RE: research not being completed (12/31/2020 10:33:29 AM)

Regarding radiation: Your unit readiness will suffer, and they will wither and die over time if rad levels are too damn high.

The assets are those that can be build on the city hex to protect the population and those that you should build on mining assets etc to protect the workers outside the city.

zgrssd -> RE: research not being completed (12/31/2020 10:42:46 AM)

quote:

Now my turn to ask a question :D Radiation. What exactly does it do? I guess units stationed on hexes with sufficiently high radiation levels take, umm, damage maybe? Or is it morale, or readiness or something like that... Also I notice there are actually two different assets you can construct to deal with radiation, but the descriptions seem to be the same. I assume the one you need to research radiation cleansing for is better somehow.

Radiation is one of the Einvironmental issues. The others are Respiratory Hazard, Biohazard and Temperature.
You can find the details in 5.2.3.1. exPosure CalCulatIon for your unIts

All 4 types cap the Readiness and Morale if they are bad enough. And at high levels even cause deaths every turn. But radiation is propably the most lenient of the 4 - unless you hit > 400 past reductions, no deaths will occur. Those levels should only happen after a nuclear weapons use.

The Environmental suit and everything after as well as Vehicles allows you to almsot completely ignore all 4 Hazards.

Note that there are seperate rules for population:
5.2.3.3. exPosure CalCulatIon for PoPulaCe
But generally just having a 1-3 assets per hex makes them immune as well.

KarisFraMauro -> RE: research not being completed (12/31/2020 7:01:18 PM)

I found a GR single use nuke launcher, so that was my first experience with radiation :) Like you say it's not too bad with just the one bomb but I can see it becoming an issue down the road.

Hazard151 -> RE: research not being completed (1/1/2021 12:26:52 AM)

Tried to use nukes to force enemy majors to disband due to loss of cities.

Turns out, cities are extremely resistant to dropping those last few inhabitants even with level 8 radiation hazards in the city hex.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI