How do I get units to work together? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room

Krytor -> How do I get units to work together? (1/6/2021 8:47:43 PM)

Sometimes when I deploy a Mobile Shield into a fight, it takes hits before my troops do. Other times it takes 0 damage and my troops die. Also I understand that there is a concept of a 'break through' where the front lines are penetrated and now backline units like Artillery can be hit.

When using an unit that includes multiple unit types, it's clear they work together. But if I have a standalone artillery unit and a standalone infantry unit, how do I make sure they attack in a formation where the artillery isn't initially exposed?

Do they just need to be on the same tile?

CharlieLine -> RE: How do I get units to work together? (1/12/2021 11:17:23 PM)

Same combat is enough, no need to attack from the same hex - a GR Mobile Shield only has a 50% chance of making a successful damage prevention roll. You can check the detailed combat report.

Backline units (artillery) will always be initially screened if there are frontline units in the same combat.

Krytor -> RE: How do I get units to work together? (1/13/2021 3:25:22 AM)

Ahhh that's what's going on. Thanks, very helpful

zgrssd -> RE: How do I get units to work together? (1/13/2021 10:29:29 AM)

The rules for breakthrough are:
"Check Breakthroug.
If a Subunit is not hit for 2 combat rounds and made at least one successful attack (a hit!) it will break through. Also, if the Subunit attacker has not even been targeted (let alone hit) in the last 2 combat rounds, it will break through. There is a chance the breakthrough fails if the attack is overstacked. The defender has no non-backbench Subunits left, the breakthrough always succeeds."
and
"A Subunit can only attack an enemy backbench Subunit if the attacking Subunit has either accomplished a breakthrough or if it has artillery range. Furthermore, artillery capable Subunits cannot fire on enemy Subunits that have broken through."

Trucks and artillery will always opt for the backline. If there is no frontline to protect them, they will get attacked directly.

Artillery have a capped damage per shot and instead get more attacks on higher effective firepower, making them rather good at preventing breakthroughs by sheer volume of fire.

Krytor -> RE: How do I get units to work together? (1/14/2021 6:09:39 PM)

Huh, I figured breakthrough had to do with frontline units being killed/retreating. But all a unit has to do is not take any hits in order to make an attempt. News to me.

zgrssd -> RE: How do I get units to work together? (1/14/2021 7:25:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Krytor

Huh, I figured breakthrough had to do with frontline units being killed/retreating. But all a unit has to do is not take any hits in order to make an attempt. News to me.

A lot of things are more complicated/detailed then I firdt asumed.
Even having played it for over a year, I still learn new stuff all the time.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI