[1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support

DTurtle -> [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP (1/9/2021 7:18:51 PM)

When equipment is replaced manually (so going from Tank to Tank II), then the unit keeps its experience (with a minor loss due to new equipment). The same when you upgrade units.

However, if you use the automatic replacement system, this is not the case. Instead the unit has the XP that the replacement equipment had (usually 0 or a bit more). So if I recruit Tank II in the SHQ and set Tank I to tolerated, then the field units will lose all of their XP and I can scrap Tank I with 80XP in the SHQ.

It works correctly when doing it with infantry units that can upgrade (instead of replace). So if I recruit Infantry II in the SHQ and set Infantry I to tolerated, then the field units will keep most of their XP when upgrading to Infantry II. I can then scrap the 0 XP Infantry I in the SHQ.

aguvenli -> RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP (1/10/2021 1:19:09 PM)

I've observed this happening on 1.06.5 (steam).

zgrssd -> RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP (1/10/2021 7:40:29 PM)

Not a bug. The Crew (with their XP) and the equipment form a inseperable unit. With infantry you never notice because you got upgrade. But for everything else you have to use the replace option (requires the experienced guys and new gear to be in the same place) to get the old XP into a new dress.

Vic -> RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP (1/12/2021 4:03:06 PM)

Please distinguish well:

Replacement Troops => That are automaticly sent from SHQ-Unit or the reverse. Here the men+equipment are sent including their XP.

Subunit Popup => Replace / Upgrade ... Here Replace will keep the manpower&XP where they are and just switch around the equipment.

That being said in the special case of Tolerated equipment being sent back because better is available it does make sense to automatically treat it as a Replacement of equipment and not of men. Expect this to be changed upcoming open beta.

DTurtle -> RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP (1/12/2021 6:40:07 PM)

Thanks! That's exactly what was bugging me. It seems I've been handicapping myself in a lot of games by actually using the system as it was designed [;)]

zgrssd -> RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP (1/12/2021 8:34:53 PM)

quote:

That being said in the special case of Tolerated equipment being sent back because better is available it does make sense to automatically treat it as a Replacement of equipment and not of men. Expect this to be changed upcoming open beta.

That would be awesome!

zgrssd -> RE: [1.07.01]Automatic replacement of equipment does not keep XP (1/12/2021 8:54:33 PM)

Of course it would be even better if you just enabled the QOL feature "Upgrade" for all gear, meaning replace only happens for gear in the SHQ (where there is no priority to tell the game what to give the most experienced units):
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4940295&mpage=1&key=�

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI