Stupid question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Steve04 -> Stupid question (1/10/2021 7:38:26 PM)

How can I delete a single post ?
I see in the right corner the option "Delete my Own Post, but it is marked with an X and so inaccessible. Perhaps I have to indicate the post to delete, but how...?
Thank.

821Bobo -> RE: Stupid question (1/10/2021 7:56:08 PM)

You can't. But workaround is to edit your post and leave it empty.

Lobster -> RE: Stupid question (1/10/2021 9:32:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve04

How can I delete a single post ?
I see in the right corner the option "Delete my Own Post, but it is marked with an X and so inaccessible. Perhaps I have to indicate the post to delete, but how...?
Thank.

On my screen in the lower right it has this:

[image]local://upfiles/45799/0EEC8F5D28164CA5BE4EC3865D56F9D1.jpg[/image]

I've never tried it meself.

Lobster -> RE: Stupid question (1/10/2021 9:33:45 PM)

Until now. Obviously it's just eye candy. [:D]

Freyr Oakenshield -> RE: Stupid question (1/10/2021 11:11:09 PM)

You can't delete a post. That's why your every word should be carefully considered and chosen. Every sentence carefully structured. And everything you write here will be kept for posterity. [:-]

Lobster -> RE: Stupid question (1/11/2021 2:10:08 AM)

Well...until it gets buried under a thousand other threads never to be seen again. [:D]
Just checked. Last one was posted in 2000. That's over 20 years worth of 'stuff'. [;)]

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Stupid question (1/11/2021 3:26:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield

You can't delete a post. That's why your every word should be carefully considered and chosen. Every sentence carefully structured. And everything you write here will be kept for posterity. [:-]

I'm all for; say what you mean and mean what you say. [8D]

RR

RangerJoe -> RE: Stupid question (1/11/2021 3:56:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield

I'm all for; say what you mean and mean what you say. [8D]

RR

It is so much fun to take what someone says and not what they mean. [:D]

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Stupid question (1/11/2021 8:01:40 PM)

[&o] It's why I take clarity over agreement. Always!

RR

Zap -> RE: Stupid question (1/11/2021 11:25:13 PM)

Oh, the inadequacies of social media. It can't catch the nuances of inflection and tone that face to face conversation offers. This one way to get more accurate meaning of the persons post has been removed by sharing social media.
More complicated discussions, to get it right, takes writing skills and the proper use of grammar, punctuation marks/sentence structure. That skill level requires excellent compression of your English classes. I was not the best in that subject.
I find that often, the posted message has been misinterpreted by the reader for the missing inflections or tone use, by the posters written message. Inability of the poster to convey his message due to their skill set in the English language also causes misinterpretations of a post.
I think in general we have a command of the English language but not to a level where its easy to communicate through English as a written language.

But how many times (many I'd say) in discussions posters meaning is not interpreted correctly. Sometimes, more time is spent on clarifying what was said then the actual subject matter being discussed[:D].
In the end, you do the best you can to get your message across. But it does take more effort to write a response. How many can attest to re-writing a post several times before sending[sm=Cool-049.gif], yes I'm guilty. Its hard work to be in a long discussion on the internet

RangerJoe -> RE: Stupid question (1/12/2021 12:15:05 AM)

Not to mention punctuation:

"Let's eat Grandma!"* [X(]

is much different than:

"Let's eat, Grandma!" [:'(]

*Note: The proper response to this is "Let's finish your Aunt Matilda first!"[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI