Bought the game - on tutorial 5 but do not understand certain behavior? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

kicktothehead -> Bought the game - on tutorial 5 but do not understand certain behavior? (1/11/2021 4:19:49 PM)

Hi there

Tutorial 5 - I have a group of 2 fighters assigned to a mission to intercept - each time I run through the scenario the same thing happens to one of the fighters - it breaks off and spins constantly on top of an identified ATR 72-210 which is marked as "Neutral" - the other fighter goes about its normal business.

What setting am I using which causes this behavior? If I shoot it down with the fighter that is spinning on it I get the message "you shot down a civilian airplane" - if I do nothing the fighter sits and spins on top of it !

Thank you :)

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Bought the game - on tutorial 5 but do not understand certain behavior? (1/11/2021 10:54:39 PM)

If you upload the .save or .scen (zipped) around when it starts to happen we could probably look at the mission setting and what is happen to see that is going on and it if a matter of settings or something else.

Are you using an air intercept mission or did you just mean mission generically? I wouldn't use air-intercept for this tutorial personally but if you are, did you assign targets to the mission in the mission editor, and mark the check box pre-planned targets only? If not the units can and will get a mind of their own.

thewood1 -> RE: Bought the game - on tutorial 5 but do not understand certain behavior? (1/11/2021 11:32:19 PM)

Reading this thread might help in understanding what people will look for when you need help on something.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4914786

A basic description like you posted makes it very hard to know what all the settings you have that can impact the game. So instead of a game of 20 questions, someone can provide more usable guidance.

kicktothehead -> RE: Bought the game - on tutorial 5 but do not understand certain behavior? (1/12/2021 6:00:30 PM)

quote:

did you assign targets to the mission in the mission editor, and mark the check box pre-planned targets only? If not the units can and will get a mind of their own.

Looks like this was the culprit. Pre-planned targets only.
Thank you!

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Bought the game - on tutorial 5 but do not understand certain behavior? (1/13/2021 3:02:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kicktothehead
Looks like this was the culprit. Pre-planned targets only.
Thank you!

Cool, glad it was that simple. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI