Details of Concentric Bonus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

sarnold2222 -> Details of Concentric Bonus (1/13/2021 1:09:32 AM)

I understand the main idea - the more sides you attack from the better, and if you attack with units from different HQs it halves the bonus, and that as units drop out of the attack for whatever reason, the bonus adjusts accordingly per round.
BUT, without testing it carefully in a game, it just seems that sometimes I attack from the same number of sides but the bonus is different.
Are there several factors involved other than just how many sides? Do you have to have a certain amount or ratio of power points for it to count? Does it change based on which sides? And there are 8 % variables you can change in the rules for the bonus, but there's a max of 6 sides you can attack from, so how do those variables work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

ernieschwitz -> RE: Details of Concentric Bonus (1/13/2021 1:47:07 AM)

The sides determine how big the bonus is yes. But, there is a bonus too from being from non-adjactent sides.

I don't recall there being 8 selections?

ernieschwitz -> RE: Details of Concentric Bonus (1/13/2021 1:53:37 AM)

Indeed there are 8... I always thought there were 6... oh well.

sarnold2222 -> RE: Details of Concentric Bonus (1/13/2021 2:02:29 AM)

Yes, I just checked again. Settings/RuleVars/Combat Calculations/ # 132 - 139
Concentric Attack Default 10% bonus =
And it is 10%, 25%, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 25%
I would have expected there to be 6 or even 5 values, 1 for each additional side you have an attacker on?
Thanks for the speedy reply

Ormand -> RE: Details of Concentric Bonus (1/13/2021 3:26:08 PM)

There are more than six to account for various combinations of attacks. For example, attacking from two hexes, but with a gap between them, or attacking from two opposite hexes, etc. It can have a big effect as you attack from "flanking" positions. So, when making a line usually there will be a point where the unit can be attacked from three sides, this should be reinforced at the start as it is more vulnerable.

You can check them out by setting up a test and then cycle through the attacks, the stacking and bonus will be shown as you select the units.

sarnold2222 -> RE: Details of Concentric Bonus (1/13/2021 4:10:29 PM)

Ah Ha! Great to know, thanks Ormand. Solves my mystery :-)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI