Whole Europe (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

peter bogos -> Whole Europe (1/23/2021 11:07:51 AM)

Please Gary do a 'War in Europe 39-45' in same division level.

kahta -> RE: Whole Europe (1/23/2021 1:21:40 PM)

Yes!

dwesolick -> RE: Whole Europe (1/23/2021 2:45:15 PM)

With Med/North Africa and Battle of the Atlantic thrown in as well. The grognard's ultimate dream game. Probably not going to happen, but we can dream can't we?

Karri -> RE: Whole Europe (1/23/2021 3:51:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: peter bogos

I mean...isn't it obvious that this is the direction the game series is heading? I'll take some more years, as I suspect more powerful computers are needed to handle all the data processing such a monster title would come with. If you take a look at WitE editor you'll find all sorts of stuff already that would support this...and WitE 2 adds a lot of mechanics that such a title would require.

ncc1701e -> RE: Whole Europe (1/23/2021 6:08:33 PM)

That would be cool but I fear I won't have the time to play such a monster. But yes do it. I'll play it in 20 years once I am retired. [:D]

Zemke -> RE: Whole Europe (1/25/2021 2:04:25 PM)

If there was a multi-player mode built-in where you could split up commands by geography or Command, it could be done in a reasonable period of time.

kowloon -> RE: Whole Europe (1/31/2021 8:50:48 PM)

A good way of doing that would be the ability of a team leader to assign or unassign any oob element to a team member during their turn so you could simulate cross attachments and vary the team size on the fly should someone not be able to continue to play.

jupiter999 -> RE: Whole Europe (3/8/2021 2:32:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

quote:

I mean...isn't it obvious that this is the direction the game series is heading? I'll take some more years, as I suspect more powerful computers are needed to handle all the data processing such a monster title would come with. If you take a look at WitE editor you'll find all sorts of stuff already that would support this...and WitE 2 adds a lot of mechanics that such a title would require.

I remember WitW has whole Europe map. The manual also hints that as well... I'm not hardcore wargamer, but still can't help and wonder if it's possible to play land, air, and sea battles on Europe map in GG-Engine...

Phoenix100 -> RE: Whole Europe (3/8/2021 9:38:27 AM)

quote:

Does Gary Grigsby still have anything to do with this game? Just curious. I thought it was Joel Billings now.

RedLancer -> RE: Whole Europe (3/8/2021 9:46:30 AM)

They are both involved. Gary is the designer and lead coder. Joel is the producer.

Phoenix100 -> RE: Whole Europe (3/8/2021 10:25:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedLancer

They are both involved. Gary is the designer and lead coder. Joel is the producer.

Ah. Thanks.

fritzfarlig -> RE: Whole Europe (3/8/2021 8:12:51 PM)

all Europe then you have to have a general staff attached

Rue -> RE: Whole Europe (3/9/2021 3:11:21 PM)

I think my great dream is for another Pacific War game, rather than the full European theatre. I've spent countless hours on WITP:AE, but I suppose my ability (and desire) for micro-management is on the wane!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI