RE: Logistics problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

zgrssd -> RE: Logistics problem (1/26/2021 8:51:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: compactset

Here is the save
https://filebin.net/z9t0klc9qsy7n9yy
I should mention that the rail line going to NE goes in circle and comes back to the south of the capitol. Also I played most of this game on version 1.06.05.

That Logistics network is less understandable then those Stairs from McEsher:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativity_(M._C._Escher)#/media/File:Escher's_Relativity.jpg

I as a human have no idea how the supplies should flow in that madness.
It is a maze of dead ends, circles, 100% block and branches with no apparent rhyme or reason.

newageofpower -> RE: Logistics problem (1/26/2021 9:23:26 PM)

Your image doesn't work. Try rehosting that screenshot on Imgur or something.

compactset -> RE: Logistics problem (1/26/2021 9:28:02 PM)

Ok, like I said before I am not claiming it is a good network. I just wanted to understand that strange behavior to have a deeper knowledge of the mechanics and avoid future trouble.
That said in m defense I would add:
1) at the East of my capitol, after the mountain ranges, the zone with 4 nearby cities was originally of 3 mayor regimes. There you have a lot of non-sensical road which the AI built. I usually prefer not to destroy infrastructure but to regulate with signs. It is a purely psychological habit of considering that a waste, but I know that other people would prefer to have a clean road network.
2) Some road were constructed only to supply my units: this planet is mostly desert and there were a lot of raiders which constantly threatened my supply lines.
3) In some city I had the rail line connect from an edge different from a main road: this way I can use the sign mode without having to bother to set the sign working only for trucks or rail.
4) Except for the above facts, the system should be functional. After conquering Alba and Dierkenfield which formed the first skeleton of my rail line, I moved to E toward the mayors and attacked both at North and South on that front. Doing so I could isolate Monfield from the other two cities and effectively cut off 1/3 of one army from its supply source. So I connected with rails first Monsfield, then another city to the South with tso different rail heads coming from Inlandtown and Alba respectively. After clearing also the middle of that front I decided to join the two extremities together to form a ring. After that I expanded to the zone S-W of Alba and went in that direction straight. This is why at Alba the rail line splits.

Maybe the system could be configurated in a more efficient way, but this is what I constructed progressively during the course of a game of 140 turns, during which I had a lot of minor fronts with minors regimes, independent units and raiders.

compactset -> RE: Logistics problem (1/26/2021 9:32:34 PM)

If you right click and open in another tab you can see it without problem, it is just a dawning by Escher posted as joke.

DTurtle -> RE: Logistics problem (1/26/2021 10:32:10 PM)

Haven't figured it out completely, but there is something weird (aka buggy) going on with partially blocking everything (including pull points) directly after the junction and then having assets with pull points there. If you don't block pull points, it is correct. If you have the rail roads going slightly differently, it is correct. If you block some of the pull points, it is correct.

I'll try narrowing it down and then I'll make a bug report about it. I can replicate it around the SHQ to a certain extent, but still want to see if I can provoke it elsewhere. It seems to need some extremely specific circumstances in order to pop up. But I do recall having some weird interactions with partially blocking pull points before. So this seems like a chance to track down that bug.

arvcran2 -> RE: Logistics problem (1/27/2021 4:43:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

Here is the save
https://filebin.net/z9t0klc9qsy7n9yy
I should mention that the rail line going to NE goes in circle and comes back to the south of the capitol. Also I played most of this game on version 1.06.05.

That Logistics network is less understandable then those Stairs from McEsher:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativity_(M._C._Escher)#/media/File:Escher's_Relativity.jpg

I as a human have no idea how the supplies should flow in that madness.
It is a maze of dead ends, circles, 100% block and branches with no apparent rhyme or reason.

ROFL!

Recursive refocusing, ew.

yutowap33 -> RE: Logistics problem (1/27/2021 3:29:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd
I am a bit unsure about your "No more than 3 connection per city" rule. I already know the city hex will incur the "branches" penalty[..]

This is more about encouraging planning ahead (and aesthetics) not due to ingame mechanics. Overall non of these rules are set in stone just general guide lines I follow.

quote:

4) Except for the above facts, the system should be functional. [..]

Maybe the system could be configurated in a more efficient way, but this is what I constructed progressively during the course of a game of 140 turns, during which I had a lot of minor fronts with minors regimes, independent units and raiders.

I don't know about functional.. You seem to be in the process of upgrade to highspeed rail, I think you either not finished or unintentionally overlooked few things:

* Your SHQ capital is in the black, it doesn't produce nearly enough rail points.
* Thousands of SHQ capital truck points are wasted on the long NE road (better use truck station in middle and divert truck to alba ?)
* Most of your rail points arriving at SHQ/Capital are generated elsewhere. Alba to the south only produced 4 rail points (its station is mouthballed). So if you trying to push more to NE track, try diverting some out of mosfeld..

Overall, you have very large network spaghetti, with rail stations affecting stations in other zones, any change can ripple across the whole system.. which is impossible to track properly. That why I suggested the rules above, so you can easily deal with one section at time.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI