Play in a fantasy world (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

gigiouk -> Play in a fantasy world (1/26/2021 2:30:02 AM)

Hi all!

Does anyone know if there is a way to play in an unreal world, on a completely made up map; like the map of Zelda or the map of some alien planet?
I tried for a while to play with layers but with no results.

Thanks!

p1t1o -> RE: Play in a fantasy world (1/26/2021 9:45:51 AM)

I thought it was possible to overlay an image, but I doubt its possible to use a different world map.

I thought of writing a fantasy/scifi scenario once, it would bet set in the far future, on a recolonised Earth.

An OoB of the most unusual units I could find in the db, along with mixing units of different tech levels would stand in for fantasy/scifi units (since itd be a sort of madmax style "stagnated scientific advancement" type of history)

Blast33 -> RE: Play in a fantasy world (1/29/2021 8:16:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gigiouk

Hi all!

Does anyone know if there is a way to play in an unreal world, on a completely made up map; like the map of Zelda or the map of some alien planet?

Thanks!

Some people sell 💊 pills and the whole world looks alien 👾 [&:]

stilesw -> RE: Play in a fantasy world (1/29/2021 8:30:01 PM)

Ooooh, the colors, the colors!

roeddog -> RE: Play in a fantasy world (1/30/2021 10:30:59 PM)

But it already is a fantasy game, every time I fire it up I get to fulfill my fantasy of being an admiral/general/commander whatever I choose!

BDukes -> RE: Play in a fantasy world (1/31/2021 2:09:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: roeddog

But it already is a fantasy game, every time I fire it up I get to fulfill my fantasy of being an admiral/general/commander whatever I choose!

Exactly but it is part of the nerdy culture of being a wargamer. This being said I think the people who like Warhammer, Fate, and anybody that has a D&D critical hit chart by appendage or organ is a nerd.[sm=crazy.gif]

I think you could mod the globe and various layers but it would be an enormous amount of work to do. So I think the answer is yes, if you don't mind giving up months of your life to model Mordor, Mystara or Muppets Magic Mountain.

Mike

Mgellis -> RE: Play in a fantasy world (1/31/2021 8:46:33 PM)

Short answer...no. However, you can create all the alternate history worlds you want. For example, consider a world where the British Empire did not give so many of its colonies, did not retire some of its older ships so it could keep them on station near colonial ports (e.g., a 42-class destroyer and a six-ship flight of harriers, based at the capital of a colony in Africa), and now has to deal with revolutionary events in those colonies, terrorist-backed guerillas crossing over from other independent but poorly run countries, etc.

quote:

ORIGINAL: gigiouk

Hi all!

Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI