Early Access planed? (please) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2

Speedy2511 -> Early Access planed? (please) (1/27/2021 5:29:02 PM)

Hello,

i watched the video yesterday, and i must say... wohhhhhhh [:)]
I really want to play this game. I loved the first one.

Any chance that we will have an early access? Pleassssseeeeeee![&o]

SirHoraceHarkness -> RE: Early Access planed? (please) (1/27/2021 5:36:19 PM)

Once they get it out of beta and in a playable near final form I can see them going early access to get a bit of cash going for further development and recoup some of the pre existing costs. Makes sense from a business point of view and you get that many more testers who can't yell for a refund if something is still buggy or unfinished.

Speedy2511 -> RE: Early Access planed? (please) (1/27/2021 5:51:45 PM)

The waiting time is to long [:D]

Larsenex -> RE: Early Access planed? (please) (1/27/2021 6:46:44 PM)

I asked a similar question about pre paying for the game.

I will not do so with some developers but Erik is full on Indie and I am happy to support his team both> financially & early.

I know what i am 'buying into' and I am happy to wait.

Its odd but I am a big fan of CDPorjectRed and almost bought into Cyberpunk early. I did not as its not on par for my interest as space games like this game is.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Early Access planed? (please) (1/27/2021 8:10:44 PM)

We have no plans for early access, just a traditional closed beta which will go until we're happy with the state of the game and ready to release.

Speedy2511 -> RE: Early Access planed? (please) (1/27/2021 9:01:27 PM)

Thank you Erik for your answer.

Than i will wait until the release [:)]

By the way, great show yesterday on Twitch, Now i can not wait to play this game [:)]

Greetings from Germany
Nico

Ingros -> RE: Early Access planed? (please) (1/28/2021 7:35:09 PM)

had hope for early access as well and would jump in without refund anyway ... but i do like the fact that you guys don't jump on this business model to get full money for a half-finished product
keep up the good work!

SirHoraceHarkness -> RE: Early Access planed? (please) (1/28/2021 8:04:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ingros

had hope for early access as well and would jump in without refund anyway ... but i do like the fact that you guys don't jump on this business model to get full money for a half-finished product
keep up the good work!

Early access can be abused by a shady dev but its also a great tool for up and coming devs to be able to get their work off the ground with early up front financial support. Getting money to make a game typically means signing on with a big producer/distributer but like all producers they want full rights and only give you a fraction of the money actually made off your hard work. Early access allows smaller games to make it outside the typical EA type network and become successful.

Drumline2 -> RE: Early Access planed? (please) (1/29/2021 3:33:08 AM)

Its funny. When other games on steam have done early access and charge, to be honest, a lot for a game thats not very well done and sometimes stay in early access for far too long, im really quick to judge. However...at the same time if this game went to a paid early access/beta before launch I would, with zero problem and zero pause, pay full price without batting an eye to support the developers of this game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI