Portugal declares war over Timor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

havoc1371 -> Portugal declares war over Timor (1/28/2021 3:09:22 PM)

Since the last update, I've discovered that if Japan opts to invade Portuguese Timor, Portugal declares war and mobilizes. In the past it increases their Allied stance, but never has it jumped from 0% to 99%. Is this somehow a side effect to the recent update?

BillRunacre -> RE: Portugal declares war over Timor (1/29/2021 10:46:29 AM)

Hi

There has always been a 15% chance of Portugal joining the Allies in response to this, and that hasn't been changed, and it is mentioned in the Decision text as well as in the Strategy Guide.

Shilka -> RE: Portugal declares war over Timor (11/13/2021 9:29:29 PM)

Hi, I have a PBEM game and a AI game. I had this Portuguese Timor event for the Japanese, which I both took the annexation option. I know it's supposed to be 15%, but in both my games Portugal mobilized for allies. It could be just extreme chance but sometimes makes you go hmm if it's really correct [&:]

It can (will) certainly increase the challenge hehe.

fluidwill matrix -> RE: Portugal declares war over Timor (11/14/2021 10:05:25 AM)

You might want to double check BIll, my latest 2 MP have both triggered Portugese DoW, 1 each side. Could easily be perception bias of course but worth a check IMHO.

petedalby -> RE: Portugal declares war over Timor (11/14/2021 2:18:53 PM)

Happened in my most recent game as well. Portuguese Corps deployed in Lisbon & Portugal joined the Allies.

BillRunacre -> RE: Portugal declares war over Timor (11/14/2021 6:55:08 PM)

Hi

I've just checked the scripts and Portugal has a one-time check with a 15% chance of happening to see if it moves 100% towards the Allies.

Nothing has changed here in a very long time (if ever) so I think the dice have been rolling low for it in your recent games.

fluidwill matrix -> RE: Portugal declares war over Timor (11/15/2021 3:32:39 PM)

Thanks Bill.
Amusing aside, being a grumpy old gamer I am managing to resent both sides of the Portugese DoW, mutter mutter RNG hates me etc. etc. [:D]

ThunderLizard11 -> RE: Portugal declares war over Timor (11/17/2021 12:27:57 AM)

I've had this happen once and no longer take this decision. What is Timor worth anyway? Not Portugal for sure.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI