Battledress soft or hard target? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Sieppo -> Battledress soft or hard target? (1/29/2021 7:53:51 AM)

The manual says battledress counts as 80mm, but should I use my tanks with howitzers (better soft attack) or with high velocity guns (better hard attack) against it because the caliber calculation should be the same for both?

compactset -> RE: Battledress soft or hard target? (1/29/2021 8:04:58 AM)

I think that the soft/hard type of armor is determined by the type of unit, the the specific armor it comes equipped with. So for infantry it should be soft, even with battledresses. But the manual does not say this explicitly so I could be wrong.

Sieppo -> RE: Battledress soft or hard target? (1/29/2021 8:12:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: compactset

I think that the soft/hard type of armor is determined by the type of unit, the the specific armor it comes equipped with. So for infantry it should be soft, even with battledresses. But the manual does not say this explicitly so I could be wrong.

Yeah have been thinking about it a lot recently since in my absolutely awesome and apocalyptic end war against a superior foe I seem to be having better success against very hardy battledress infantry with units that have high hard attack but haven't been able to prove this.

Sieppo -> RE: Battledress soft or hard target? (1/29/2021 8:13:21 AM)

But I still think I should use units that are good against soft targets, since it's still infantry..

zgrssd -> RE: Battledress soft or hard target? (1/29/2021 8:31:26 AM)

I would asume they still count as soft targets. But that the callibre calculation does apply independantly of the target type.

I really wish the game would just tell us the Movement, Combat and Damage type of each unit

BlueTemplar -> RE: Battledress soft or hard target? (1/29/2021 9:02:52 AM)

I pretty much assumed it's "soft", like for any infantry, but shouldn't you be able to deduce this looking at (pre)battle reports ?

AgentFransis -> RE: Battledress soft or hard target? (1/29/2021 9:50:58 AM)

It's soft. You can see this by noting the attack/defense values used in the detailed combat report and comparing them to the unit card.

redrum68 -> RE: Battledress soft or hard target? (1/29/2021 2:50:32 PM)

Any unit that equips any level of infantry armor should be a soft target and you can confirm that by checking the detailed combat report. The thickness of any armor (soft or hard) is used in the caliber modifier calculation and has no impact on whether its soft or hard defense.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI