community outreach? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

yutowap33 -> community outreach? (1/30/2021 1:25:51 AM)

Few questions:

1. How to I identify my 'nemesis'?

2. Is there no Minor Regimes on higher difficulty?

Currently, I am surrounded by non-aligned, territories, 3 Major regimes and no minors.. should I expect more of the same?

3. Is diplomacy a viable option on harder difficulties? If so, what the strategy?

right now I have not a single minor/major card that can be played and has less than 500 difficulty.. Should I even invest in Foreign Affairs council? Or just go full war time economy and screw community outreach?

redrum68 -> RE: community outreach? (1/30/2021 4:29:42 AM)

1. Check the victory report turn 1 and the major with the highest score is almost definitely the nemesis
2. There are and the initial planet creation will indicate how many
3. Yes but diplomacy really depends on what type of minors you find and what personality the majors have

newageofpower -> RE: community outreach? (1/30/2021 6:03:56 AM)

Farmers are pretty easy to charm into your empire. If you have 2 Farmers next to you strongly consider opening Foreign Affairs first, especially with lowtech starts where their huge number of 25/51 militia are useful.

Hunters are harder but still possible, about 200-250 difficulty to Protectorate and ~350 to Vassalize. I can almost reliably Peace - Protect - Unify with a Hunter Minor Nation, but I'm using a 64 Charisma leader with 124 Diplomacy & Oratory skill and have stacked Corporate Board Member, Phermones, Propaganda Assistant and Medal of Merit on her.

By the time you get such an uberminmaxed leader you'd probably prefer the Fate cards from conquering their zone, rather than their Militia stacks. Hunter militia are slightly better on the offensive but horrifically worse on the defense, IIRC their soft ratings are 30/10.

I haven't encountered a Theocratic minor since 1.05 (when I was a total noob) but I recall them being pretty hard to diplomance.

Final point in favor of peaceful integration: I once annexed a minor and received a Cap IV >60 int >60 will absolute beast of a character with loads of skills including 39 Sixth Sense (!)

Usually I get some Cap I 10 stat trash, but if you get lucky putting an S-level leader into a critical slot in the early can change the trajectory of the entire match.

newageofpower -> RE: community outreach? (1/30/2021 6:05:06 AM)

-delete-

zgrssd -> RE: community outreach? (1/30/2021 2:11:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yutowap33

Few questions:

1. How to I identify my 'nemesis'?

2. Is there no Minor Regimes on higher difficulty?

Currently, I am surrounded by non-aligned, territories, 3 Major regimes and no minors.. should I expect more of the same?

3. Is diplomacy a viable option on harder difficulties? If so, what the strategy?

right now I have not a single minor/major card that can be played and has less than 500 difficulty.. Should I even invest in Foreign Affairs council? Or just go full war time economy and screw community outreach?

1. I too would say jsut look wich major has the most Progress towards victory. That one is most likely your Nemesis
2. Non-Aligned territories are Minor factions. But I guess you meant minor factions wiht cities? That kinda depends how many cities the planet still has, after the nukes drop, the suicides happen and after the major factions are given their start position.
3. Diplomacy massively depends on who your neighbour is. Some are almost to easy to get. Others are impossible to get.

Actually having a really bad roll can help you prepare relations for conquest. If I got a 200+ Roll on "Offer Protection", I can only crit-fail. If I crit-fail, relationship drops. If I repeat it enough, I got a relation that is so bad, there is no downside for DOW-ing them. Or I even get them to declare on me.

BlueTemplar -> RE: community outreach? (1/30/2021 3:39:57 PM)

Non-Aligned Territories aren't Regimes at all, not even "Minor" ones ? (Since you can't do any "Minor" Diplomacy with them ?)

yutowap33 -> RE: community outreach? (1/30/2021 6:49:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: newageofpower

Farmers are pretty easy to charm into your empire. If you have 2 Farmers next to you strongly consider opening Foreign Affairs first, especially with lowtech starts where their huge number of 25/51 militia are useful.

I had such a start in one of my very first games (I think it was on easy with peaceful modifier), I was surrounded by minors with no major in sight and was able to gain protectorate status on most of them which eventually led to them joining me. That was such an easy game! But I haven't really had such experience since. Usually minors either don't like you or already at war with other majors.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but overall in most games I seen almost no use to minor/major cards.. Right now, on hard, the only card I have any use for 'diplomacy' is the covert 'plea for peace' and 'support faction' in hope I can stave off that major long enough to have a chance.

newageofpower -> RE: community outreach? (1/31/2021 5:52:15 AM)

Did you even read my post? I explained the variations in Diplomacy difficulty are based on their culture type.

yutowap33 -> RE: community outreach? (2/1/2021 6:33:28 AM)

Farmers and hunters are minor regime. If you are playing with some combination of easy difficulty, multiple zones, 'haven of calm' and or 'robinson crusoe' settings. You are going to get a bang for your Minor diplomacy cards.

But I asked for viable option for harder difficulties, because in my last few games had little use for minor and major cards, particularly in my current game where I am surrounded by 2 militarist and 1 theocratical major regimes and I haven't seen a single minor regime.

So far the only thing that did work for me was to stave off war by use of covert cards, notably 'plea for peace' to improve relation, 'Spy' to get info on their factions, and 'support faction'.

newageofpower -> RE: community outreach? (2/1/2021 6:54:45 AM)

quote:

Farmers and hunters are minor regime. If you are playing with some combination of easy difficulty, multiple zones, 'haven of calm' and or 'robinson crusoe' settings. You are going to get a bang for your Minor diplomacy cards.

But I asked for viable option for harder difficulties, because in my last few games had little use for minor and major cards, particularly in my current game where I am surrounded by 2 militarist and 1 theocratical major regimes and I haven't seen a single minor regime.

So far the only thing that did work for me was to stave off war by use of covert cards, notably 'plea for peace' to improve relation, 'Spy' to get info on their factions, and 'support faction'.

Vs AI Majors, a strong foreign affairs councilor can keep opponents Friendly with you for during those events where "XYZ Turns Parliament against us!", which are triggered when the AI is getting ready to invade you.

That's extremely useful mid-late game to buy a few extra turns to reposition, finish my infrastructure buildout, raise formations, etc, but its definitely not something that would cause me to open Foreign Affairs first.

I once kept the Nemesis at bay for 18 turns before they declared war, and I went from having only 2 brigades of howitzer light tanks to fielding a Beam/Polymer Heavy Armor Corps.

zgrssd -> RE: community outreach? (2/1/2021 10:26:20 AM)

quote:

You can only get use of your Minor or Major cards from the Foreign Office.
The minor ones allow you to get land and militia without having to do a massive fight for it.
The major ones can stave of 1-2 Majors, while you conquer some minors or the other major.

That alone is a "Win" for the Diplomatic Council.
And as usual, espionage helps with Diplomacy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI