Mons - Design question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

trutyjoh -> Mons - Design question (2/3/2021 3:03:55 PM)

Playing the Mons Scenario and i noticed that German units have a greater movement rate than the BEF - are German horses faster than British... or is this a design crutch because of the scenario? Just Curious - Remins of AH France 1940 where the German have an edge to cripple the French defense....

golden delicious -> RE: Mons - Design question (2/3/2021 3:08:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: trutyjoh

Playing the Mons Scenario and i noticed that German units have a greater movement rate than the BEF - are German horses faster than British... or is this a design crutch because of the scenario?

It's probably the result of the designer not thinking very much when putting the units together. I would guess (without looking) that the British cavalry have more non-cavalry speed equipment in the unit than the German and this is slowing them down, and the designer didn't put any transport in to compensate.

quote:

Just Curious - Remins of AH France 1940 where the German have an edge to cripple the French defense....

Oh designers just use a shock penalty when they can't figure out the real reason for one side being beaten.

golden delicious -> RE: Mons - Design question (2/4/2021 6:26:01 PM)

I got around to opening the scenario- it's even worse than I thought.

The designer's given the whole German force a movement bias of 120%, so German infantry as well as cavalry will move significantly faster than the Entente forces. I'd suggest this was done to mitigate hex conversion costs, which would otherwise slow the Germans down quite a bit if they're able to shift the initial Entente positions.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI