layered PITF maps for mod project (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Mods and Scenarios

Aetius2 -> layered PITF maps for mod project (2/8/2021 1:15:43 PM)

I'm using PITF maps for a mod project i'm doing for LSA.
I downscaled at a ratio of 1,6 (8px/m divided by 5px/m) but graphics are too small at this ratio, tree shadows and houses seem disproportionally larger from roads and other items.
Ideally i would want to scale the tree shadows and houses at a ratio of 1,6 and rest of the map at a ratio of 1,3.
To be able to do this a layered version of PITF maps in photoshop or gimp format would be very helpfull.
Is there a possibility the layered version of maps could be provided to modders?

Aetius

SteveMcClaire -> RE: layered PITF maps for mod project (2/8/2021 2:47:25 PM)

Unfortunately, the original graphic files used to create the map are not available for distribution.

Are you using 5CC to edit the map? If not I think this is probably the easiest way to convert maps PitF and LSA. 5CC is a third-party map editor program for Close Combat that (I believe) covers all the 2D versions from Close Combat 2 to Gateway to Caen. Link to the creator's site is here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3264417

Aetius2 -> RE: layered PITF maps for mod project (2/9/2021 6:11:22 AM)

Pity layered maps can't be provided to modders.

Creating new maps is a big hurdle for close combat modders.
Takes a lot of time and skill to produce even a single map, let alone dozens of them.

Yes, I use 5CC for everything regarding maps.

Aetius

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI