SC WW11 Game promblems with PBEM (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Tech Support

tex964 -> SC WW11 Game promblems with PBEM (2/12/2021 1:56:08 PM)

I'm experiencing a technical issue when trying to play SC WW11.

I have played this game several times in the past with a friend of mine via the PBEM portal within the game.
Now I'm unable to access the game saved by my friend. The only thing that has changed is that I have a new PC but that aside I have successfully logged into both Steam and Matrix Games.
I spent a great deal of time on the net searching for fixes but to no avail.
Please can some one help...message text box error is detailed below.

Could nit find 17258dat

Many thaks

image.png
--image.png

Hubert Cater -> RE: SC WW11 Game promblems with PBEM (2/13/2021 11:42:45 AM)

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Here is the missing DAT file, please download it from this link:
https://we.tl/t-XB2ugXBGjC

Place it in your hidden PBEM data folder typically found here and this should resolve the issue for you:
\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\PBEM++\<matrixUsername>

Note this folder may be hidden on your system. Additionally, please replace <username> with your username on your computer and then the <matrixUsername> with your matrix user name.

You might have to manually type in the path to get to the AppData folder as this is the hidden folder. After that you should be able to navigate the rest.

Let me know if you still need help after this,
Hubert

OmegaMan1 -> RE: SC WW11 Game promblems with PBEM (3/31/2021 3:50:56 AM)

Hi Hubert,

I am experiencing the same issue. I tried downloading the file at the link you provided above, but I cannot get the file to start downloading... it just keeps saying "preparing download" or some message like that but no download option ever appears. Can you tell me if I am doing something wrong? Thank you!

Dave

Hubert Cater -> RE: SC WW11 Game promblems with PBEM (4/1/2021 4:15:20 AM)

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately you'll need your own file for this, can you send me your Challenge ID number?

I can then send you a fresh link.

Hubert

OmegaMan1 -> RE: SC WW11 Game promblems with PBEM (4/2/2021 4:27:29 AM)

Hi Hubert,

Sorry about that, the file name is 20337.dat

Thanks! -- Dave

Hubert Cater -> RE: SC WW11 Game promblems with PBEM (4/3/2021 11:52:42 PM)

Hi Dave,

Here is the missing file:

https://we.tl/t-v59EX9mchj

Similar instructions that were written above, but this time for the WWI:

Place it in your hidden PBEM data folder typically found here and this should resolve the issue for you:
\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\My Games\Strategic Command WWI\PBEM++\<matrixUsername>

Note this folder may be hidden on your system. Additionally, please replace <username> with your username on your computer and then the <matrixUsername> with your matrix user name.

You might have to manually type in the path to get to the AppData folder as this is the hidden folder. After that you should be able to navigate the rest.

Let me know if you still need help after this,
Hubert

OmegaMan1 -> RE: SC WW11 Game promblems with PBEM (4/6/2021 1:12:21 AM)

Hi Hubert,

That fixed the issue, thank you so much! [:)]

Dave

Hubert Cater -> RE: SC WW11 Game promblems with PBEM (4/6/2021 12:59:13 PM)

Great to hear [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI