Use construction ships for everything to circumvent size limit? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Nikratio -> Use construction ships for everything to circumvent size limit? (2/20/2021 6:27:45 PM)

Hi,

It seems to me that as long as I put at least 35% of cargo bays into a design, I can mark it as a construction ship and take advantage of the higher size limit for bases (690 instead of 230 in early game).

For a decent military vessel that maxes out the size, this increases cost from 4700 to 5500. This is some overhead, but it does not seem prohibitive to me.

Is there any other disadvantage of declaring ships as construction ships and then using them for other purposes?

And, unrelated to that, does someone have an explanation for why construction ships can be build at colonies (and be larger), but other ship types can't? This feels a bit immersion-breaking.

Burnrate -> RE: Use construction ships for everything to circumvent size limit? (3/12/2021 11:28:09 PM)

You can't use all of the AI stuff for a construction ship. I don't think you can put them in military fleets or have them automatically patrol and things. I guess if you want to manually control every ship the entire game you could do that but it's not really worth it in my opinion.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI