Massive Squad Leader (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

MrsWargamer -> Massive Squad Leader (2/27/2021 4:43:34 PM)

In addition to my other musings, I'm pondering Squad Leader in 72nd scale.

Quite literally scaling up the maps to permit my 72nd scale models.

With the creation of hex by hex pieces mainly done as graphics and not entirely 3d. Likely done with pieces of hex-shaped paneling. Possibly on something like a velcro surface to create stable secure locations.
Yeah, it would take a bin of some size to store a single board :)

Tabletop miniatures meets board game mechanics. I've never really like tabletop rules design much.
I already have a massive collection of vehicles in 72nd scale. Airfix figures for squad counters (yes I'm aware Airfix has a product out there too).

I might not even need to mimic actual boards. But I'd need to do so sort of to get mileage out of pre made scenarios.

I'm aware that there are other products in smaller scales. Danged expensive items too.
This is me thinking of a neat way to play Squad Leader with my models mostly.

Orm -> RE: Massive Squad Leader (2/27/2021 5:22:22 PM)

I had a nailed railroad, with model houses, on a board. The board was 2 by 4 meters. That railroad/board was a constant battleground for my models, and figures. I so wish I would have had some rules for the battles that took place there. And I wish I still had it. It got scrapped when I moved out from my parents. Sad since it didn't take a lot of space. The board was attached to the wall and could be swivelled 90 degrees so it was parallel to the wall.

bayonetbrant -> RE: Massive Squad Leader (2/27/2021 6:23:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Look into the Sergeants! minis game from Lost Battalion Games. It's pretty close to what you're looking for

MrsWargamer -> RE: Massive Squad Leader (2/27/2021 6:44:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bayonetbrant

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

Look into the Sergeants! minis game from Lost Battalion Games. It's pretty close to what you're looking for

Hmm, a very interesting product. thanks for mentioning it.

jmlima -> RE: Massive Squad Leader (2/27/2021 7:52:50 PM)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI