[Logged] Crank and drag group AI improvements (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

ronmexico111 -> [Logged] Crank and drag group AI improvements (3/13/2021 5:43:24 PM)

I for one think it would be great if the group would crank when firing as a default (if that's your doctrine setting) and then be able to manually send in aircraft from the group to close and attack if that's what you want rather than the other way around as it has been. That was always an annoying thing for me since the CMANO days.

KungPao -> RE: How to prevent wingman from speeding ahead to enemy air? (3/15/2021 2:20:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

I'll use groups for aircraft, but I'm a big fan of using the formation editor with them. Otherwise it'd be a pain to try to do things like fly a 4 ship wall of Eagles, for example. With the formation editor they will try to stay more or less in position. Over time I've gotten more creative with how I group aircraft (or not) and set up formations and mission start times to achieve my desired effect.

It depends on different play style, but thanks for sharing thoughts on that, will try formation editor in the future .

For now I can image there is one drawback for formation editor, you got to edit the formation every time a new group is in air.

I would prefer to setup several small AAW patrol zones, each one is about 10nm x 10nm , with 4-12 A/C assigned to it (that means 2~4 A/C in air by 1/3 rule). These small Patrol Zone share the same large prosecution zone.

Steve04 -> RE: How to prevent wingman from speeding ahead to enemy air? (3/15/2021 9:50:46 PM)

A simple question that is closely related to the issues covered in this post.
It is possible - via ROE doctrine or directly with a key - to disable the "engage offensive" function. I like to operate manually and I often lose planes because, after having launched one or more missiles from an advantageous position, due to the "engage offensive" I am unable to desengage and move away from the enemy without entering its firing area.
In short, just as it is possible to deactivate the "automatic evasion", it is not possible to deactivate the "engage offensive" ...? (key "U" unassign, or drop target or don't ignore plotting course don't do the job...)
Basically, as soon as an AAW is launched, I want to have the command of my plane / flight, both in plot and in altitude and throttle.

KnightHawk75 -> RE: How to prevent wingman from speeding ahead to enemy air? (3/16/2021 3:41:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve04

It is possible - via ROE doctrine or directly with a key - to disable the "engage offensive" function. I like to operate manually and I often lose planes because, after having launched one or more missiles from an advantageous position, due to the "engage offensive" I am unable to desengage and move away from the enemy without entering its firing area.
In short, just as it is possible to deactivate the "automatic evasion", it is not possible to deactivate the "engage offensive" ...? (key "U" unassign, or drop target or don't ignore plotting course don't do the job...)
Basically, as soon as an AAW is launched, I want to have the command of my plane / flight, both in plot and in altitude and throttle.

+1

Dimitris -> RE: How to prevent wingman from speeding ahead to enemy air? (3/16/2021 6:07:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve04

IIRC this has been possible from the very start of CMANO/CMO:
1) Disable "Ignore plotted course when attacking"
2) Plot a manual course with the desired direction, throttle and altitude. The unit will follow the plotted course even if it is targeting/attacking contacts.

maverick3320 -> RE: How to prevent wingman from speeding ahead to enemy air? (3/21/2021 7:10:54 PM)

I guess my question still stands: how can I get both aircraft in a flight of two to crank and drag? Clearly I’m not the only one experiencing this issue.

As for the SOP discussions, I’m not an aviator, but I can’t imagine many scenarios in which two aircraft that have the range advantage with AAMs would want one craft to fire and the other to head straight at the enemy at full afterburner.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI