North Afika Campaign (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

oldMarinePanzer -> North Afika Campaign (3/12/2021 12:15:46 AM)

I've been reading the manuals and playing the big campaign game (Barbarossa) in WitE again, for a last time, before WitE2. How about a North Afrika game? Get a new map, make it really big going from Morocco over to Suez Canal and up to Sicily and southern Italy for Axis supply logistics, and of course Malta too. Adjust the map down to 1 or 2 mile hexes or something similar. Adjust the units from Army Groups-Armies-Corps-Divisions-Brigades-Regiments to platoons-companies-battalions-regiments-brigades-division-corps-armies. The game settings would have to be adjusted but it could be a one-off game and it should work. The naval exercise could also get added. It would go from late 1940 until 1943. Just a thought :-)

Simon Edmonds -> RE: North Afika Campaign (3/12/2021 1:34:34 AM)

We could call it War in the South.

Sardaukar -> RE: North Afika Campaign (3/12/2021 8:32:29 AM)

Just buy TOAW IV and you can have everything.

Dave25210 -> RE: North Afika Campaign (3/13/2021 2:52:55 PM)

there are 3 North Africa scenarios available in WITW - Operation Torch expansion.... they are my favorites....

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldMarinePanzer

I've been reading the manuals and playing the big campaign game (Barbarossa) in WitE again, for a last time, before WitE2. How about a North Afrika game? Get a new map, make it really big going from Morocco over to Suez Canal and up to Sicily and southern Italy for Axis supply logistics, and of course Malta too. Adjust the map down to 1 or 2 mile hexes or something similar. Adjust the units from Army Groups-Armies-Corps-Divisions-Brigades-Regiments to platoons-companies-battalions-regiments-brigades-division-corps-armies. The game settings would have to be adjusted but it could be a one-off game and it should work. The naval exercise could also get added. It would go from late 1940 until 1943. Just a thought :-)

quote:

North Afrika game

juv95hrn -> RE: North Afika Campaign (3/14/2021 7:35:36 PM)

Its been said before. The full Europe war game experience (including North Africa) would be the dream game of many here. But we are not there yet. Maybe one day...

FriedrichII -> RE: North Afika Campaign (3/16/2021 11:52:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: juv95hrn

Its been said before. The full Europe war game experience (including North Africa) would be the dream game of many here. But we are not there yet. Maybe one day...

This would be fantastic! I hope this will come true in the future.

IronWarrior -> RE: North Afika Campaign (3/16/2021 11:57:25 PM)

I'm still not giving up hope for a WitP 2 before Gary retires, with the new engine/air mechanics etc. :D

jshan -> RE: North Afika Campaign (3/18/2021 2:00:06 AM)

I second that- WITP2.

cardolan -> RE: North Afika Campaign (3/18/2021 7:57:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FriedrichII

quote:

ORIGINAL: juv95hrn

This would be fantastic! I hope this will come true in the future.

I am sure 2by3 will work in that direction in the next years. I think there is a lot of potential in Wite2 to capitalize.

I mean. They already have the basic game engine in Wite2 to cover all Europe 1941-1945. Only the naval system is a bit lacking and would need extensive coding.

I think a lot of us would happily pay 30€ for unlocking each war theater through DLCs to eventually get a War in Europe 1941-1945.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI