[WAD] ESSM getting Dropped (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

BDukes -> [WAD] ESSM getting Dropped (3/14/2021 4:35:56 PM)

Hi All

Load the attached scenario and observe Thai a frigate shooting ESSMs at a Fishbed that drop due to loss of illumination. The weather is not great but making it Sunny and 70 didn't change the behavior. Added another Thai frigate of the same type but moved it south and it worked fine. Moved the firing frigate to a new location and it worked fine. Ungrouped in the same location and no difference (so not a group hand-off issue or something) Might be an edge case with that specific location. I'm using build .17.

Thanks!

Mike

thewood1 -> RE: ESSM getting Dropped (3/14/2021 7:41:57 PM)

The only thing I saw that stood out was if I moved the Fishbed closer to the frigate, it re-illuminated and the ESSM homed in. It looks like at 20 nm the aspect of the Fishbed is a primary consideration. Side on, the good lock. Tail on, intermittent lock at best. I didn't try moving the frigate just the fishbed. I have seen something like this before and wasn't sure if the lock was that tricky at beyond 20 nm for the illuminating radar.

BDukes -> RE: ESSM getting Dropped (3/14/2021 7:58:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

The only thing I saw that stood out was if I moved the Fishbed closer to the frigate, it re-illuminated and the ESSM homed in. It looks like at 20 nm the aspect of the Fishbed is a primary consideration. Side on, the good lock. Tail on, intermittent lock at best. I didn't try moving the frigate just the fishbed. I have seen something like this before and wasn't sure if the lock was that tricky at beyond 20 nm for the illuminating radar.

Yeah makes sense. I added a frigate to the south about the same distance and it successfully engaged which supports aspect change. Hope it helps the devs figure it out. Thanks for helping with this one!

Mike

WSBot -> RE: ESSM getting Dropped (4/6/2021 7:29:43 PM)

PaulTheWolf -> RE: ESSM getting Dropped (4/7/2021 6:21:27 PM)

Hi all,

I tested this use case and BDukes is correct. At that engagement distance the Radar can only intermittently deliver an engagement quality track based on the Fishbed's aspect. I tested it with a larger RCS Contact at the same range as the Fishbed and the ESSM had no problem picking off the target. I believe this is currently Working as Designed, but as always thank you for bringing any possible issue to our attention!

Paul.

BDukes -> RE: ESSM getting Dropped (4/7/2021 7:10:54 PM)

Thanks Paul!

Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI