RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

MrsWargamer -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 3:38:20 PM)

My dad as well.

Me, I'm informed in time it will be a simple visit to my pharmacy. I'll wait till then.

My best wishes to all who need it and desire it.

I only get wargames on day 1. I like hardcover releases of books in the opening release. And I sometimes watch new movies through online methods. I'm not always in a rush though.

warspite1 -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 4:15:18 PM)

I got my first shot on Friday. Only side effects were a very sore arm on Saturday (felt like someone had repeatedly punched me in the arm) and a tiredness for 24 hours (weirdly starting almost 24 hours after the jab) that I've never experienced before.

I don't have a date for the second jab, but just need to wait to be called. Feel better for having it done - especially with my age and underlying health issues.

Aurelian -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 4:19:57 PM)

Got both shots myself.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 4:45:52 PM)

I got the first shot (pfizer) on 5 march. Next in theory 21 days later. 4 to 6 weeks, they told me. No problems so far.

Orm -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 7:10:59 PM)

Probably got months before my first shot. [:(]

ThomasJay -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 7:23:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognerd_INC

Second on is scheduled for April 12th. Darn Mid April we will finally go out to dinner for the first time in a year and a month! Dang it's been a long isolation...

I see you're in Florida, where did you get yours done? I'm going to try and register at the Publix website Wednesday morning for the J&J shot. Their next Moderna registration shows next Monday. My wife signed up with the county weeks ago but we've not heard from them.

RangerJoe -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 7:30:39 PM)

Some people have had problems, one person that I know had Covid-19 then the first shot. She was told not to get the second shot as it might kill her. [:(]

The illness that you feel after the shots is the immune system working. To help prevent the muscle soreness, just drop and do 100 four count pushups . . . [X(]

I think that one type of shot is no longer being used some places.

One place in the US did not actually inject any vaccine. [:-]

I do not know if I will get vaccinated or not.

RangerJoe -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 7:43:58 PM)

quote:

Spain joins Germany, France and Italy in halting AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccinations

Spain joined Germany, France and Italy today in halting use of the AstraZeneca vaccine in response to a small number of people across Europe suffering blood clots – and some dying – after receiving the shot.

Spain’s suspension will last for two weeks, Health Minister Carolina Darias announced at a nationally televised news conference Monday.

It's a "temporary and precautionary" suspension, she said, "until the risks can be evaluated by the European Medicines Agency."

The EMA reiterated on Monday that the benefits of the vaccine outweigh the risks and that data did not indicate people were more likely to have blood clots after receiving the vaccine.

The agency has an emergency meeting on Thursday about the issue.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-03-15-21/index.html

Yes, I even quoted the CNN![X(]

Orm -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 7:54:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

The horror... no, no, no, no, no, no.... the horror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OakFjl52iEI

RangerJoe -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/15/2021 8:01:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

The horror... no, no, no, no, no, no.... the horror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OakFjl52iEI

[sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000280.gif][sm=00000280.gif][sm=00000280.gif][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000289.gif]

cpdeyoung -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/16/2021 3:39:53 AM)

I was early I guess.

First shot : 15 January 2021
Second : 5 February 2021

Pfizer. No side effects other than a mild ache on the second one.

I got the shots at the Atrium Airport Centre facility in Charlotte. It was an excellent experience, and my wife got both shots there too. Our thanks to the friendly and efficient people there.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/16/2021 9:09:38 AM)

quote:

Same here. [:(] The only consolation is that as more people get "shielded", it slowly becomes harder for the virus to go around.

My mother of 85 got her first shot a week ago and only had a mild fever. Her nurse, who is only 42, also got the first shot and only experienced mild symptoms. The second one bedded her for three days with a 39°C fever and terrible pains in the bones. Then everything just disappeared and she was on her feet again. Now that she is well, she is very happy to be out of the woods. "Totally worth it" she said.

From what I heard, how each body reacts to the vaccine it is totally random.

RangerJoe -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/16/2021 11:44:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

quote:

Same here. [:(] The only consolation is that as more people get "shielded", it slowly becomes harder for the virus to go around.

My mother of 85 got her first shot a week ago and only had a mild fever. Her nurse, who is only 42, also got the first shot and only experienced mild symptoms. The second one bedded her for three days with a 39°C fever and terrible pains in the bones. Then everything just disappeared and she was on her feet again. Now that she is well, she is very happy to be out of the woods. "Totally worth it" she said.

From what I heard, how each body reacts to the vaccine it is totally random.

From what I read, it is the bodies immune reaction to the second shot that makes people feel ill.

But since that person that I know already had Covid-19, then the first shot caused her immune reaction as if it was the second shot.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/16/2021 12:31:38 PM)

Well i am glad you guys still hanging in there, there are some arent so lucky though. Not sure when i get mine, probably soon.

USSAmerica -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/16/2021 2:23:55 PM)

It will be months for me as well. I'm over 53, so still "young" enough to not be in one of the higher priority categories. Since I'm also relatively healthy, I'm near the back of the line.

I'm in no big hurry as both my wife and I are home bodies. I miss going to model train shows, etc, but even after the vaccine I have no interest in spending a day or weekend there while wearing a mask all day. I'll rejoin civilization once the health risk is reduced enough to no longer need protective measures.

DD696 -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/16/2021 10:30:13 PM)

First shot 8 February. 2nd 1 March. Sore arm then and had some chills for a couple days. Granddaughter (20) got first shot in Texas a few days ago. She was registered at a church and they had lots of vaccine going to expire. Called her, and she did the right thing.

OldSarge -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/20/2021 7:27:16 PM)

My first shot (Pfizer) is scheduled for Wednesday 3/24. They finally got around to us 60 somethings without underlying conditions. [image]local://upfiles/36656/5FD97F322A9648F59FE7D45412EA5065.gif[/image]

TulliusDetritus -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/20/2021 8:08:24 PM)

They called me yesterday. Second shot on next thursday (25 march). If I well understood, 7 days after or 1 april I will be finally safe. Good luck to everyone (those who are waiting and those who don't want it).

AbwehrX -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/21/2021 12:55:42 PM)

Dont want it and will never have it. It isnt a vaccine and the risk is worse than the virus.

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/21/2021 1:10:12 PM)

+1

RR

Lobster -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/21/2021 1:15:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AbwehrX

Dont want it and will never have it. It isnt a vaccine and the risk is worse than the virus.

Uh yeah, it's a vaccine. [:D]

It is a personal choice. [;)]

Wife and I went yesterday. Huge line. Got there 45 minutes early and stood in line for an hour. Arm is a little sore this a.m. but that's it.

Didn't die. Didn't turn into a zombie. No one of the thousands there did either. [:D]

AbwehrX -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/21/2021 1:31:56 PM)

quote:

Uh yeah, it's a vaccine.

Since Im a virologist, I beg to differ. Theres no need for it anyway since Ivermectin & Hydroxchloroquine with zinc can treat it successfully without risking gene therapy consequences.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/21/2021 2:15:41 PM)

A mRNA (messenger-RNA) vaccine can't possibly alter your DNA genes. Please, refrain from baseless conspiracy theories (or trolling, if this is what you are doing).

AbwehrX -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/21/2021 2:21:58 PM)

Trolling? No, thats what it seems that youre up to. I merely stated a fact.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/21/2021 2:47:58 PM)

quote:

Trolling? No, thats what it seems that youre up to. I merely stated a fact.

Proof?

Edit: unless you are talking about Johnson & Johnson or AstraZeneca - that still aren't approved in the US anyway and only recently in EU. The vaccines currently used (like Pfizer or Moderna) are based on mRNA - and that's not gene-therapy. A virologist should know the difference.

Lobster -> RE: Got my first Covid shot this morning (3/21/2021 2:48:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

Uh yeah, it's a vaccine.

Since Im a virologist, I beg to differ. Theres no need for it anyway since Ivermectin & Hydroxchloroquine with zinc can treat it successfully without risking gene therapy consequences.

Sorry, don't believe you. This is getting to be like Farcebook. [8|]
I think he wants to get the thread locked. So best to just ignore him.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI