RE: What happened to the Zero Bonus in this game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

geofflambert -> RE: What happened to the Zero Bonus in this game? (3/21/2021 6:48:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hrafnagud

Most of it comes down to pilot quality, numerical parity and suitable tactics. The Dutch CW-21s and even the export Curtiss Hawks could perform adequately with Zeroes and Oscars in a dogfight but they faced numerical superiority and were whittled down.

Are you saying this is a Zero sum game?

BBfanboy -> RE: What happened to the Zero Bonus in this game? (3/21/2021 8:24:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

Most of it comes down to pilot quality, numerical parity and suitable tactics. The Dutch CW-21s and even the export Curtiss Hawks could perform adequately with Zeroes and Oscars in a dogfight but they faced numerical superiority and were whittled down.

Depends who is playing.

For my play, it's more like Dim Sum. [sm=dizzy.gif]

[image]local://upfiles/35791/32E30793B3F248408DF64FD82F70B46D.jpg[/image]

RangerJoe -> RE: What happened to the Zero Bonus in this game? (3/21/2021 8:45:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Depends who is playing.

For my play, it's more like Dim Sum. [sm=dizzy.gif]

[image]local://upfiles/35791/32E30793B3F248408DF64FD82F70B46D.jpg[/image]

I will not argue with you . . . [:-]

rustysi -> RE: What happened to the Zero Bonus in this game? (3/22/2021 2:43:36 AM)

In addressing the original post, there was never a Zero 'bonus'.

Tanaka -> RE: What happened to the Zero Bonus in this game? (3/22/2021 4:39:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

In addressing the original post, there was never a Zero 'bonus'.

I was remembering the original game WITP where there was. Had forgotten they had taken it out in WITPAE:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2752914&mpage=1&key=�

rustysi -> RE: What happened to the Zero Bonus in this game? (3/22/2021 6:42:39 PM)

quote:

I was remembering the original game WITP where there was.

I don't recall one there either. Then again when was the last time I played that game? I do have the disk around here somewhere.[:D]

geofflambert -> RE: What happened to the Zero Bonus in this game? (3/22/2021 6:46:18 PM)

Yes, the manual for WitP clearly states "There is zero bonus ..."

RangerJoe -> RE: What happened to the Zero Bonus in this game? (3/22/2021 7:46:13 PM)

quote:

Yes, the manual for WitP clearly states "There is zero bonus ..."

The importance of not having "a" in that sentence is very important.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI