Norway! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

majpalmer -> Norway! (3/20/2021 12:35:01 PM)

Okay. It was "unrealistic" for the Germans to take out Denmark and Norway on turns 2 and 3. But it's unrealistic to counter such a move by strengthening the Oslo unit from 3 to a 7. Why not leave the Norwegian units as they were, but strip the Germans of their ten landing points? You could credit them with the cost of building ten in their starting production totals.

The Norwegian army had paper strength of about 60k. It never actually put more than less than a third of that total in the field in 1940. If you take the number of Norwegians as about 19k, that would be a total force of about 12-13 infantry strength points, divided among at least a half-dozen garrisons. Alvaro had it right the first time! The Oslo garrison on the day of the invasion was probably about 2-3 SPs.

I've edited the '39 scenario back to where it was and stripped the Germans of their ten landing points. (And given them the equivalent number of points in their starting production total.) I think this is the better and more historical option.

ncc1701e -> RE: Norway! (3/20/2021 12:49:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: majpalmer

I've edited the '39 scenario back to where it was and stripped the Germans of their ten landing points.

@Alvaro, completely off topic with this thread, but is there an integrity control for the delivered scenario? What if this Europe 1939 scenario is used in a PBEM?

Thanks

stjeand -> RE: Norway! (3/20/2021 1:22:09 PM)

Well to be honest...the Germans took Norway in what...April 40, with landings and paratroopers?

If you drop your paratrooper and have a division landing the unit seems to always lose...at least in my testing.

Yes you need a few planes but then again who does not like to bomb things into the stone age. Free experience for your pilots.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Norway! (3/20/2021 2:50:06 PM)

It's just for game balance.

Lascar -> RE: Norway! (3/21/2021 3:02:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stjeand

Well to be honest...the Germans took Norway in what...April 40, with landings and paratroopers?

If you drop your paratrooper and have a division landing the unit seems to always lose...at least in my testing.

Yes you need a few planes but then again who does not like to bomb things into the stone age. Free experience for your pilots.

Norway did not surrender when the Germans occupied Norway, they continued to resist, with allied support, until June 10th.

It was simply too gamey and unfair with the previous weak Oslo garrison to force Norway to surrender in one turn. The two month long Norway campaign was tough for the Germans, especially the Kriegsmarine. It should not be a cakewalk.

stjeand -> RE: Norway! (3/21/2021 11:55:07 AM)

Oh correct...

But you can still take it in one turn was my point...at least the few times I tried.

Just can't transport in a division and take it in on turn 3, though maybe you can if your entire airforce assists on turn 3. I will have to retry it.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Norway! (3/21/2021 3:37:58 PM)

Well not really. If the UK is aware they will have some landing craft and transports ready to occupy Narvik and create problems for the Germans. Germany might have to risk a Narvik landing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI