Found Out How to Edit Maps! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword

UnionWarDog -> Found Out How to Edit Maps! (3/20/2021 2:56:32 PM)

I'm currently setting up some scenarios and OOB. My first goal would be to create the SHILOH battle but I can't seem to find out how to add ironclads to the OOB.

I think, now that maps can be create, that this should open a whole new prospect for this game. :)

zakblood -> RE: Found Out How to Edit Maps! (3/23/2021 6:16:05 PM)

good luck and wish you all the best and look forward to seeing and hopefully playing what ever you wish to share and or make

BigBog -> RE: Found Out How to Edit Maps! (12/3/2021 3:06:15 PM)

Hi UnionWarDog, Zakblood, or anyone else who knows--

Wondering if anything has transpired here or if anyone can share how to edit or make a new map.

I just bought the game with the Holiday sale and after some graphics mods actually like the game a lot--enough to maybe make a few small map engagements.

However, since there is no map creator/editor--I'm assuming that map creation is based on some form of hex-editing? not sure however what to do (load it)or how to interpret the map *.gbmap files, as there are LOTs of zeros and then I see areas of the file where there are numbers. Not sure what those reflect as far as terrain-?

Any help here would be appreciated and if I do map a map, I'd post it up for all to use/enjoy.

I've done some text editing on the scenario files, but really want to make a map of Pea Ridge or some of the smaller battles to try.

Best Wishes,
BigBog

Jeebo -> RE: Found Out How to Edit Maps! (7/12/2023 3:43:27 PM)

Same question as BigBog, maybe there are some sort of community-made editor for maps? Thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI