Rommel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

tm1 -> Rommel (3/26/2021 12:21:57 AM)

Just downloaded the game and even though I have a lot of experience with WitE and WitW, i feel like i will have to start from scratch with this new game.
This may sound a dumb question but i see Field Marshal Rommel in the leader section, is it entirely possible to now send Rommel to Russia ?.
Is it just wishful thinking [:)]

carlkay58 -> RE: Rommel (3/26/2021 12:40:17 AM)

It is possible but it may have some effects on the North Africa Theater Box results.

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Rommel (3/26/2021 1:35:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tm1

Just downloaded the game and even though I have a lot of experience with WitE and WitW, i feel like i will have to start from scratch with this new game.
This may sound a dumb question but i see Field Marshal Rommel in the leader section, is it entirely possible to now send Rommel to Russia ?.
Is it just wishful thinking [:)]

I have seen him used on an attack on Moscow in a BETA AAR ;-) Yes, you can definitely use Rommel in Russia. But as Carlkay says you could have some side effects because of it.

pbrowne -> RE: Rommel (3/26/2021 1:59:44 AM)

quote:

...But as Carlkay says you could have some side effects because of it.

He wouldn't disobey orders and outrun his supply lines, would he? [8|]

jacktimes2 -> RE: Rommel (3/26/2021 2:28:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pbrowne

quote:

...But as Carlkay says you could have some side effects because of it.

He wouldn't disobey orders and outrun his supply lines, would he? [8|]

This is a salient point. I'll add that while Rommel's inclination to lead from the front was ideal for the smaller scale of operations in North Africa and, to a lesser extent, the Western Front, that kind of style would prove disastrous on the Eastern Front, in my opinion.

Zemke -> RE: Rommel (3/26/2021 3:39:55 AM)

That upstart none General Staff Officer, send him to Africa!

pbrowne -> RE: Rommel (3/26/2021 3:58:22 AM)

Absolutely.

Not only had Rommel outrun his supply lines, especially fuel, at Alam el Halfa, south of El Alamein, he had also outrun Luftwaffe support. A good example of bad generalship and failure to combine arms to maximise combat power.

Sardaukar -> RE: Rommel (3/26/2021 7:17:17 AM)

Fortunately for him, had good chief of staffs to cover him while he was running with the spearheads.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI