Profile Demands (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

dtbilek -> Profile Demands (3/30/2021 2:44:22 PM)

One of the most common demands by your factions is to increase one of your profiles (heart, meritocracy, etc). Much of the time when I accept these demands I never have any opportunities at all to make decisions which lead to an increase. It seems entirely random. And of course you take a (smaller I presume) hit if you refuse the demand in the first place.

Am I missing something obvious or is it entirely out of your hands whether you can fulfill these sorts of demands/promises? Can you trigger choices to allow you to increase profiles somehow?

DasTactic -> RE: Profile Demands (3/30/2021 3:05:26 PM)

You are right that these requests can be largely out of your hands to fulfil and I pretty much never expect to get them when they come up. I would prefer denying these requests didn't have the faction impact that it has.

One way you may be able to reach the limits (other than getting choices in the turn decisions) is to scrap some of your cards and hope that you get cards that push the profile you need.

jimwinsor -> RE: Profile Demands (3/30/2021 6:02:35 PM)

Meetings with cults and corporations can give you an opportunity to raise certain profiles as well.

Lailah -> RE: Profile Demands (4/1/2021 6:10:55 AM)

The fact that Profile is totally up to RNG remains completely absurd to me. How in the name of the gods is it that it is impossible to invest pp or bp into getting a profile?

GazBot -> RE: Profile Demands (4/1/2021 6:22:43 AM)

You can spend BP to sway profiles thru cards which effect the corporates and cults. When you scrap cards you also get various new cards which can shift your profile.

I would however say their is still to much randomness in this. For example when you scrap cards the type of cards you get generated seem to be random. It would be more helpful and make more sense thematically if the cards you get generated are favoring your dominant profiles....

It can be way to easy to up your fist profile as well - "heart" type events seems very scarce in comparison as are "mind" positive events....

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Profile Demands (4/1/2021 11:38:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DasTactic

You are right that these requests can be largely out of your hands to fulfil

One could say this is a realistic simulation.

zgrssd -> RE: Profile Demands (4/1/2021 2:44:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: DasTactic

You are right that these requests can be largely out of your hands to fulfil

One could say this is a realistic simulation.

There is fun randomness and annoying randomness.
Games should never hesitate to get the first, but avoid the later.

Currently it is plain simply the later. I hope Vic has some ideas to soemwhat fix it.

dtbilek -> RE: Profile Demands (4/1/2021 11:43:31 PM)

Yeah, there's games and there's real life. The difference between them is that games need to be fun and make sense while real life is under no such compunction.

gravmania -> RE: Profile Demands (4/2/2021 5:52:21 AM)

I just accepted one for the first time in a long time since I was able to fulfill the demand in the same turn with a choice for +3 to democratic. It wasn't registered, I guess I lost a point and many turns later I ended up losing 17 points on my word score 80->67 and 12 points off my democratic score.

I was unable to add a few points on my democratic score for all those turns. This happened a lot before I stopped accepting these types of demands.

Whenever a profile demand comes up I just sigh and take the hit, I find the gamble not worth it with hits such as these. It's a poor and frustrating design choice.

zgrssd -> RE: Profile Demands (4/2/2021 2:03:15 PM)

quote:

I just accepted one for the first time in a long time since I was able to fulfill the demand in the same turn with a choice for +3 to democratic. It wasn't registered, I guess I lost a point

Fullfilled promises are only registered on the start of a new turn.

If any two profile scores add up to more then 100, they start to supress each other until they drop below 100.
The profile being supressed and the supressing profile receive some "damage" to their score - the supressed profile just receives a lot more damage.

It sounds like you got the points.
During turn resolution you lost 1 point to supression, before the Promsie was checked.

gravmania -> RE: Profile Demands (4/3/2021 12:31:56 AM)

I realize they suppress each other. I was counting on the profile score being registered before the suppression kicked in. Apparently the sequence of resolution puts suppression before the demand registration. I'll just keep taking the hit whenever a profile demand comes around.

I've been trying to generate profile cards by scrapping but that's very random too so it cannot be counted on either.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI