Editing save games in the editor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions

Floxolydian -> Editing save games in the editor (3/31/2021 3:33:16 PM)

1) It would allow to test out certain what ifs (had I had this amount of additional divisions, would my offensive have succeeded?)

2) Also immersion/roleplaying aspects would become possible (giving Divisions nicknames according to feats accomplished or deleteing all SS-units after July 1944's ahistoric successful Stauffenberg-assassination, ...)

3) Or even to allow for handicaps in lop-sided (multiplayer?) matches

From a technical standpoint this could work by creating a new Scenario based on a savegame's Unit data plus Hex control data etc

Great_Ajax -> RE: Editing save games in the editor (3/31/2021 5:14:29 PM)

If I understand what you are asking, you can already edit saved games in the editor. Just change the saved game extension from ".sav" to ".scn". Put the newly named scenario file in your scenario folder and then open it up in the editor. Make sure you change the scenario name before you save it or you will end up saving over the release version of the scenario. Once saved, you can change the extension back to .sav and reopen your modded save game. I just tried it successfully.

Joel Billings -> RE: Editing save games in the editor (3/31/2021 8:00:05 PM)

This is only possible in hotseat or vs AI mode, not possible in PBEM games.

Floxolydian -> RE: Editing save games in the editor (4/1/2021 7:50:14 AM)

Holy smokes!! Thanks for testing Trey! This is awesome :D

oldMarinePanzer -> RE: Editing save games in the editor (4/2/2021 4:44:23 PM)

Team, I just tested this also, works quite well actually.
I started the scenario
Executed and completed the air phase
Played the ground phase moved all my ground units
Saved the game
Closed out of the game playing
Renamed the ".sav" file to the ".scn" file
moved it to the scenario folder and opened it
Opened the file as a scenario and un froze a couple of units
Renamed the file (it saved it as the scenario name just like the instructions stated)
Moved it to the saved game folder and renamed it to its ".sav" name
Loaded the game again it held me up to execute the air phase again
Can this get turned off?
Is this normal?
Thanks for your help :-)

oldMarinePanzer -> RE: Editing save games in the editor (4/3/2021 11:47:13 AM)

Does anyone know whether there is a way to bypass the air execution phase so that nothing happens, you DON'T lose your air doctrine commands, and you instead proceed directly to ground combat?

Great_Ajax -> RE: Editing save games in the editor (4/3/2021 1:23:49 PM)

This "feature" is something that wasn't intentionally built so there are no tools built around editing saved games. I don't think you can turn off the air execution phase.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldMarinePanzer

Does anyone know whether there is a way to bypass the air execution phase so that nothing happens, you DON'T lose your air doctrine commands, and you instead proceed directly to ground combat?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI