Game crash on custom scenario load (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding

Floxolydian -> Game crash on custom scenario load (4/1/2021 5:00:17 PM)

I've created a custom scenario. I've added many (~300) units (and SUs), including ones to theatre boxes. I've also changed ToEs - only to find that these data are not yet locked to scenarios. Some have no HQ set (set to "0"- which is empty).

The game crashes on loading (progress bar, text underneath saying "Initializing...") after clicking the "Start Scenario" button in the "Pick Scenario" screen.

Other Scenarios still load normally.

I've tried to use different Font Scaling settings - no difference.

Sadly no Crash dumps in "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\CrashDumps" were created.

Are there any internally known fixes or even general guidelines (e.g. all units should have HQs) that prevent this crash?

Scenario Check Log throws

A) "Check Motorization Conflicts" -> e.g. "Unit ID 85: 401 Pioneer Batallion flag: 1 type:1"
B) "UNIT Basic checks" -> e.g. "800th Infantry Division player is set to None" (all these units are in theatre boxes)
C) More than 3 unit arrivals in same hex
D) Some UNIT NAME duplications
E) Some no valid leaders assigned and some leader mismatches

Much obliged for any help!

kahta -> RE: Game crash on custom scenario load (4/8/2021 1:10:04 PM)

I believe that all units still need the correct parameters filled out. I would start by trying to fix the issues the check log throws.

It would probably be easiest to fix some of these by exporting to CSV and using Excel to edit instead of tons of clicks in the editor.

jlbhung -> RE: Game crash on custom scenario load (4/8/2021 5:54:55 PM)

quote:

Scenario Check Log throws

A) "Check Motorization Conflicts" -> e.g. "Unit ID 85: 401 Pioneer Batallion flag: 1 type:1"
B) "UNIT Basic checks" -> e.g. "800th Infantry Division player is set to None" (all these units are in theatre boxes)

I once run a scenario check on the 41 Campaign and saw a lot of issues identified similar to A, C and E above. If you are to tackle the check log throws, I suggest that a scenario check on the base scenario of the mod be conduced first. Efforts could then be concentrated on the issues that are specific to the mod.

Great_Ajax -> RE: Game crash on custom scenario load (4/8/2021 6:19:29 PM)

Please post in the tech support forum so these issues get visibility. There were some late changes in the code that caused some crashes in the editor when the designer used the insert and delete functions.

Trey

Karri -> RE: Game crash on custom scenario load (4/8/2021 7:04:08 PM)

quote:

"800th Infantry Division player is set to None"

My bet is that this is causing the issue. The player needs to be set to either Axis or Soviet.

quote:

A and C shouldn't cause this issue, at least these pop up even in vanilla scenarios.
D didn't cause issues in WitE, I doubt here either but still shouldn't have duplicate names.
E not sure about this one. Units don't need leaders assigned, but mismatches and duplicates might cause issues.

Floxolydian -> RE: Game crash on custom scenario load (4/9/2021 7:49:57 AM)

Thanks everybody. I've since completely redone it all (but more carefully, and keeping your ideas in the back of my mind).

quote:

There were some late changes in the code that caused some crashes in the editor when the designer used the insert and delete functions

crashes in the editor itself? Hm, the problems I've had occurred when loading the scenario "to play" ("Pick Scenario" in the main menu).

Great_Ajax -> RE: Game crash on custom scenario load (4/9/2021 9:26:23 AM)

Sorry. I didn’t mean crashes within the editor itself. I meant loading crashes like exactly what you describe through using the editor. I experienced the same crashes that you did for the first time back in October/November. The cause of these scenario loading crashes was using the insert/delete functions in the editor.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Floxolydian

Thanks everybody. I've since completely redone it all (but more carefully, and keeping your ideas in the back of my mind).

quote:

There were some late changes in the code that caused some crashes in the editor when the designer used the insert and delete functions

crashes in the editor itself? Hm, the problems I've had occurred when loading the scenario "to play" ("Pick Scenario" in the main menu).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI