Most valuable tiles on the planet (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Sieppo -> Most valuable tiles on the planet (4/1/2021 5:51:58 PM)

This can't be a coincidence? Two ruins, with very few ruins or metals on the planet, with metals on them. Don't think I have seen it before.

[image]local://upfiles/43604/FDF5E0F5C14F403AAE650D176AAC668C.jpg[/image]

Hazard151 -> RE: Most valuable tiles on the planet (4/1/2021 6:15:53 PM)

Ruins with resources beneath them tend to be pretty common in my experience. I mean, why else would you build a city there if not to exploit those resources?

(Although given that a single hex describes about 100 000 square kilometers of area, that's potentially a lot of people.)

zgrssd -> RE: Most valuable tiles on the planet (4/1/2021 6:17:05 PM)

I have seen Ruins + already known resource Deposits in DasTactic's recent stream.
I guess those were former mining towns that never managed to exploit the resoruces fully before the Dissolution war?

Sieppo -> RE: Most valuable tiles on the planet (4/1/2021 6:21:43 PM)

Yeah good theories! Going to use that as a thought now :).

Sieppo -> RE: Most valuable tiles on the planet (4/1/2021 6:22:33 PM)

And if Vic thought of this, man points to him. Again [:D]!

newageofpower -> RE: Most valuable tiles on the planet (4/1/2021 6:24:04 PM)

I've even seen artifact + deposit before, its honestly not uncommon on high-ruin worlds.

scottrossi -> RE: Most valuable tiles on the planet (4/3/2021 10:22:47 AM)

anecdotally, it seems that metals and oil deposits are likely to spawn under ruins. i do like the suggested idea that the previous civs hadn't exploited them before the collapse. it really does wonders for your RP and immersion to see stuff like this pop up on a planet. i've been on a planet with very very low oil as well, and seen the only oil deposits being in ruins. the resulting fighting is often legendary and second only to the fighting around enemy capitals. the complexity and emergent narratives in this game are a constant surprise, even almost a year later.

zgrssd -> RE: Most valuable tiles on the planet (4/3/2021 10:57:45 AM)

In earths history, towns usually formed around places of strategic interest:
- fresh water sources
- salt water source
- important mining towns

What if every ruin patch started with a single Mine/Farm?
All those times in the history where it says "rare deposit was found causing mining companies to flock to the planet" could mean "I placed a bunch of mines on the resource, and started simulating town development around them."

quote:

ORIGINAL: newageofpower

I've even seen artifact + deposit before, its honestly not uncommon on high-ruin worlds.

On a high ruin world, this overlap can be pure cooindicence. Hard to not be on a ruin, when 20%-40% of the planets hexes are ruins :)

This however is a case with very few ruins. Wich makes a causation much more likely then a conincidence.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI