Airfield capture AI follow question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

VonWulfen -> Airfield capture AI follow question (4/1/2021 6:07:32 PM)

Hello all.
I am currently playing the "Road to Leningrad" scenario.
Having only played "Road to Minsk" prior to this I can see the main objective city is is a lot further off this time.
This means my air support is going to need to relocate a number of times.
Before I go over the top I want to check a few things regarding aircraft relocation.
My air support is set to Advance + follow.
I believe this will relocate my air support to my HQ if placed at an airfield.
What happens if the single airfield does not have the capacity to accommodate all the aircraft?
Will overflow relocate to nearby airfields?
If so, do I need to place a unit from my force at those airfields before they will relocate?
Cheers [:)]

Bamilus -> RE: Airfield capture AI follow question (4/1/2021 7:05:19 PM)

It doesnt advance to the specific airfield with the HQ its set to follow, per se. It will just advance to airfields around that HQ and in the general area, so as long as you have your HQ advanced where you want your airfleet to follow then it will move to airbases along that same axis.

How airbasing works in manual or AI is that you (or AI doing it for you) can select any airbases to rebase, but the game wont actually process the rebase until it has enough supplies. You can override this by selecting "immediate transfer" but it will warn you that support and supply are low. It may take a turn or more but once it has enough it will then rebase the units in logistics phase. Again, you can override this with immediate transfer but just be sure what youre doing. With your settings, the game will put in rebase requests at turn end (if your HQ has moved) and then process in logistics if theres enough support and supplies. Otherwise it may take another turn but if theres an arrow on an air group in the map then you know its put in a rebase request.

Someone smarter than me can correct me if im wrong but this is my understanding

VonWulfen -> RE: Airfield capture AI follow question (4/1/2021 8:08:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

It doesnt advance to the specific airfield with the HQ its set to follow, per se. It will just advance to airfields around that HQ and in the general area, so as long as you have your HQ advanced where you want your airfleet to follow then it will move to airbases along that same axis.

How airbasing works in manual or AI is that you (or AI doing it for you) can select any airbases to rebase, but the game wont actually process the rebase until it has enough supplies. You can override this by selecting "immediate transfer" but it will warn you that support and supply are low. It may take a turn or more but once it has enough it will then rebase the units in logistics phase. Again, you can override this with immediate transfer but just be sure what youre doing. With your settings, the game will put in rebase requests at turn end (if your HQ has moved) and then process in logistics if theres enough support and supplies. Otherwise it may take another turn but if theres an arrow on an air group in the map then you know its put in a rebase request.

Someone smarter than me can correct me if im wrong but this is my understanding

Many thanks for a detailed reply, sir.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI