A needless but fun idea (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

Uhtred -> A needless but fun idea (4/3/2021 11:25:51 AM)

It would be cool if I could choose a single person at the beginning of the campaign to follow his fate throughout the war. He's assigned to a specific squad in a combat unit all the way down to his role e.g. Infantry squad, mortar crewman, tank crewman, etc. (or a pilot, or a support squad at an HQ, or whatever - the player should be able to choose) You can then track activities such as how many battles he has participated in, victories, Wound status, recovery, return to the unit or transfer to a new unit, etc.)

I know it would be completely superfluous to the core game, but I think it would be an entertaining tidbit in the commanders report and fun exercise to try and help this guy survive the war - see how emotionally crushing it is for him to be one of the first casualties on day 1.

I would pay money for this as a little expansion.

Any thoughts?

fritzfarlig -> RE: A needless but fun idea (4/3/2021 3:02:25 PM)

Like a wite2 sims [8D] you can fellow a pilot

dudefan -> RE: A needless but fun idea (4/3/2021 3:44:36 PM)

It would be cool if all soldiers would be in game with names (generated) and you can see like pilots who's wounded and who is still alive etc. ^^

VonWulfen -> RE: A needless but fun idea (4/3/2021 7:47:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uhtred

It would be cool if I could choose a single person at the beginning of the campaign to follow his fate throughout the war. He's assigned to a specific squad in a combat unit all the way down to his role e.g. Infantry squad, mortar crewman, tank crewman, etc. (or a pilot, or a support squad at an HQ, or whatever - the player should be able to choose) You can then track activities such as how many battles he has participated in, victories, Wound status, recovery, return to the unit or transfer to a new unit, etc.)

I know it would be completely superfluous to the core game, but I think it would be an entertaining tidbit in the commanders report and fun exercise to try and help this guy survive the war - see how emotionally crushing it is for him to be one of the first casualties on day 1.

I would pay money for this as a little expansion.

Any thoughts?

You could always make a custom commander as I have done.
You can then follow your/his career [;)]

[image]local://upfiles/56822/EF08E4000FE346A5A8107591034EA604.jpg[/image]

TulliusDetritus -> RE: A needless but fun idea (4/3/2021 8:26:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VonWulfen
You could always make a custom commander as I have done.
You can then follow your/his career [;)]

lol, reminds me of the boss in Dead Snow [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/11562/816960433E484E168D2043DD289468D0.jpg[/image]

pbrowne -> RE: A needless but fun idea (4/3/2021 11:47:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uhtred

It would be cool if I could choose a single person at the beginning of the campaign to follow his fate throughout the war.

Any thoughts?

I would also like such an addition.

I think it would add some humanity to what can, IMO, be a sterile game.

It would be better I think to have a personality from all units who represents the feelings of the unit, morale etc, and also the award of medals, commendations and punishments.

Perhaps these can be be told through the game by reports and newspapers, as well as the ability to access personal reports via the interface. I would also pay for this. [&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI