RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

gamer78 -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/16/2021 8:27:18 AM)

Hi warspite1,
The problem here I think if any royal family member -Prince Charles here- attend to other nation independence day in 2021 it becomes political. For an example if any Turkish left monarch that ruled Mamluks (Egypt) and Persia attend their national day it will be wrong. I understand here Prince Charles only in seramoni but still wrong. It may be well received by English speaking Anglo-Saxon world - But for others it doesn't matter how much charity and fighting against Nazi and such. Cheers.

bazjak -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/16/2021 8:27:43 AM)

"He's never done a days work in his life " that fool says
Well why not just look up the time he was in the RN during the war
Have you ever done such as that
And thats not even mentioning about being the husband of the Queen for over 70 years

Buckrock -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/16/2021 8:45:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1
As said by others, this thread is about celebrating the life of Prince Philip, it is about respect, and to honour a life of service, devotion and duty. That it was allowed to be hijacked in that way is a pretty sad state of affairs.

Important tip for sensitive types. Real life memorials normally don't involve burials but if a memorial is being held online, always expect to see it accompanied by the tossings of at least a few sods.

warspite1 -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/16/2021 9:31:17 AM)

Hi gamer78

I have plenty to say on your post but not on this thread - which is about Prince Philip, who sadly died this time last week and who will be laid to rest tomorrow. It's not about Prince Charles or the Royal Family or Turkish/Greek, Egyptian/Persian relations or anything else. Happy to take to another thread if you want to discuss.

gamer78 -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/16/2021 12:50:18 PM)

Apologies, didn't mean to 'discuss' or anything. Examples just only examples trying to understand the meaning as a foreigner to British monarchy. But hard to see similar monarchy -maybe there are similar practices- examples in this era. Again my opinion doesn't matter.

JamesM -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/16/2021 10:39:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel Yell

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

i saw the post earlier and didn't waste time with a response, just report it, RIP means respect the person who had died, respect is for everyone, no matter who or what they have or haven't done in there life, and personal opinions on any matter regarding the dead, can be thought of by all means, but not written, consider this friendly advice and i'm sure admin won't be so nice on the subject,...

And yet, the post is still there and it appears that he hasn't even gotten a slap on the wrist.
warspite1

I wasn't going to say anything, but clearly Matrix see nothing wrong in the hateful garbage spouted so....

Prince Philip put his life on the line in fighting the Nazis. To then be called a Nazi sympathiser is simply trolling.

As for never doing a day's graft, Prince Philip was working hard - every day - into his late 90's before actual ill-health (not just an age number) intervened.

To call someone who devoted so much time and energy to charity, to schemes to help the young, in the fight against fascism, and who worked so tirelessly for his country, a parasite. Well that says far more about the poster than it does about Prince Philip.

The Queen is the UK's (and many other countries) Head of State. Prince Philip was her husband and consort for over 70 years. I wonder what would happen if I made such unfounded, unwarranted and hateful comments about the wife of a current head of state - the US for example?

As said by others, this thread is about celebrating the life of Prince Philip, it is about respect, and to honour a life of service, devotion and duty. That it was allowed to be hijacked in that way is a pretty sad state of affairs.

Well said Warspite

Erik Rutins -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/17/2021 3:23:10 PM)

Apologies, just saw that post and removed it. Falco148, your post was false, uncivil and in poor taste. In fact, it's a form of trolling given the purpose of this thread. Consider this an official warning, please keep to civility and if you can't then avoid commenting at all.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/17/2021 3:23:43 PM)

Watched the ceremony this morning and I have to say it was well done.

warspite1 -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/17/2021 3:31:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Watched the ceremony this morning and I have to say it was well done.
warspite1

Yes, very moving. They naturally played Eternal Father, Strong to Save (The Royal Navy hymn - I believe adopted by other navies incl. the USN?) which brought a tear to the eye.

OldSarge -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/17/2021 4:06:36 PM)

I watched it this morning and thought it was a moving and dignified ceremony.

Respect and well wishes from across the pond.

zakblood -> RE: Prince Philip has died RIP (4/17/2021 6:15:24 PM)

i was at work, but did have a minute of silence for respect

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI