War in the Pacific 2? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

Rexor -> War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 4:21:21 AM)

With all the great ideas in WitW and WitE2, I can't help hoping for an updated War in the Pacific....

Numdydar -> RE: War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 5:10:28 AM)

Never going to happen [:(]

KGSG21 -> RE: War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 5:33:45 AM)

"Never going to happen" was what I saw watching Strategy Gaming Dojo's youtube tutorial part 1 on WitPAE - officially from one of the devs. The view was they'd never get back enough on what it would take to do the update.
Just picked up WitPAE and can see it will take some of SGD's suggested mods to make it workable.

Sardaukar -> RE: War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 9:31:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KGSG21

"Never going to happen" was what I saw watching Strategy Gaming Dojo's youtube tutorial part 1 on WitPAE - officially from one of the devs. The view was they'd never get back enough on what it would take to do the update.
Just picked up WitPAE and can see it will take some of SGD's suggested mods to make it workable.

WitP-AE is totally workable as stock after beta patches.

Mods are just improvements.

You could check dedicated WitP-AE forum just how popular the game is still.

btd64 -> RE: War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 12:28:13 PM)

There's a bunch of threads on this subject. And they all say the same thing. It's just not going to happen....GP

Sardaukar -> RE: War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 12:58:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

There's a bunch of threads on this subject. And they all say the same thing. It's just not going to happen....GP

GG himself has said that he'd not tackle that again. [8D]

If any improvements on current engine would be possible, it'd have to be volunteers, like in past michaelm who did the "beta" patches which are actually officially sanctioned.

First_Contact_Gamer -> RE: War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 1:50:15 PM)

While I would love to see more work done in the Pacific Theater, and others have said, I don't see it happening. WITP-AE with patches does run quite well still and is very playable. I'd be a little more interested to see that time/energy into another project. For example perhaps the WITE2 engine applied to a total European Theater.

Bamilus -> RE: War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 3:29:38 PM)

I'll eat my shirt on stream if War in the Pacific 2 ever gets released. Save this post for reference.

Numdydar -> RE: War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 3:46:25 PM)

Now THERE is motivation [:D]

Bamilus -> RE: War in the Pacific 2? (4/12/2021 3:47:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Now THERE is motivation [:D]

Lol I'll gladly take one for the team if me eating my shirt is what gets them to make WITP2. I don't have time/patience to deal with WITP:AE, but a WITP2 with the improved AI, assist functions, and better UI would be amazing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI