Road to Leningrad (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

Gerry58 -> Road to Leningrad (4/16/2021 8:05:04 PM)

After the tutorial i'm playing this scenario. The problem i have is that after the first turn, the AD created only recon missions, no ground attack. I use AI assist, how can i have some ground attack missions?

Thanks Gerry

Erik Rutins -> RE: Road to Leningrad (4/16/2021 8:08:47 PM)

The AI will proiritize recon and ground support generally, along with naval interdiction if you order it. If you'd like Ground Attack you'll generally have to set them yourself.

bairdlander2 -> RE: Road to Leningrad (4/16/2021 8:08:53 PM)

Choose ground attack from the tabs and instructions are there on how to proceed.

fritzfarlig -> RE: Road to Leningrad (4/16/2021 8:09:56 PM)

are you using 100% AI Air control ? or you push the AI airwar button

Gerry58 -> RE: Road to Leningrad (4/16/2021 8:40:52 PM)

100% AI air control. I tried to set up a couple of ground attack missions but in the after action report i see only recon missions. I like the game, it is really great. But i have to say having played WITW that the Air war is more intuitive, in that game i have no problems setting up missions i want.

Gerry

loki100 -> RE: Road to Leningrad (4/16/2021 10:04:08 PM)

its a matter of scale, in WiTW you have a much more varied air asset to deploy, incl issues like range and role. In WiTE2, you really need to answer the question 'why am I doing anything other than GS + recon'? Those missions are a good fit to the airforce you have to hand.

as an eg, in WiTW, I really like to use the allied mosquito FB/LB on relatively deep interdiction raids, usually aimed at the rail net - in Italy you can really squeeze axis supply networks this way. In WiTE2, you both lack a similar plane and a clear view of where to deploy it.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Road to Leningrad (4/17/2021 12:18:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry58
100% AI air control. I tried to set up a couple of ground attack missions but in the after action report i see only recon missions. I like the game, it is really great. But i have to say having played WITW that the Air war is more intuitive, in that game i have no problems setting up missions i want.

If you're on full AI Air Assist, you can't set your own missions. You need to play the game on manual control and then run the AI Air Assist manually and add some directives if you'd like it to work that way.

Gerry58 -> RE: Road to Leningrad (4/17/2021 12:41:06 PM)

Ok so i set the game on manual control and finally the reluctant Luftwaffe obeyed my orders. But still i find the WITW AD system easier and more effective. I need to dig deep in the manual of course and i'm learning now but for example, i set up a couple of ground attack and bomb city missions. They were on 'auto' so the first one was cancelled because there were no aircrafts. Why?

Thanks, Gerry

James80 -> RE: Road to Leningrad (4/18/2021 5:21:46 PM)

I hope this is ok in this thread:

I played RtL, too. I have ai control for air war off. I send some of my JG to the reserves but now I have just 11 fighters (on turn 11+). If I want to order some planes back I can't select anything. In the reserve theater box there is written "Restricted by game options". How do I geht my fighters back? :-D

briklebritt -> RE: Road to Leningrad (4/18/2021 5:43:19 PM)

I also play the scenario with Germans and I am new to this game.

Now I am at turn 7 and my mobile units are lacking of fuel and a little bit of ammo. Is this normal, that not much fuel arrives at the frontline or am I doing something wrong? Supplies, vehicles and support is at a level above 100% in my tank units. Ammo at 80% and fuel only at 60%. Logistic and rail network looks good for me.

Is it possible to boost or priorize fuel delivery within the freight hull? How should I go further or better to rest and refit my divisons?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI