Editor Manual Coming? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding

pz501 -> Editor Manual Coming? (4/18/2021 3:08:38 AM)

Now that people are branching out and exploring things with the editor, can we look forward to seeing a manual for it anytime soon?

War in The West has one that is a little help but things have changed so much with WiTE2, that we really are dealing with a whole new thing.

kahta -> RE: Editor Manual Coming? (4/18/2021 12:10:21 PM)

I have volunteered to write it, but I'm currently workout my computers due to a move.

pz501 -> RE: Editor Manual Coming? (4/19/2021 9:05:42 PM)

Decided to give this a little bump with the hopes that someone official on the Dev Team will notice it.

We have a very powerful looking editor that appears to be much more versatile (and more complex) than the one included with War in the West.

That's a good thing. What's not so good is that while the WiTW editor documentation is somewhat helpful in trying to use this one, it can't really serve as a substitute. There are a ton of new features and a lot of the old features have been revised.

Understanding that priority must be given to fixing bugs and data problems, I still wonder if anyone in the know can confirm or deny that we will get any sort of documentation to help with using the editor?

76mm -> RE: Editor Manual Coming? (5/14/2021 4:13:34 AM)

Very disappointed that there is not an manual for the editor. I don't have WitW and have no idea where to even start...

Floxolydian -> RE: Editor Manual Coming? (5/14/2021 7:18:54 AM)

Devs have stated that two weeks before release some errors occurred with parts of the editor. They decided to disable parts of the editor (like editing certain scenario data like factories, production, leaders (editing right now only possible via GedData edit)).

And that they'll bring it back eventually but will firstly focus on getting the main game stable.

So I personally think it makes sense to wait with a manual until the editor actually works as intended.

76mm -> RE: Editor Manual Coming? (5/14/2021 11:37:15 AM)

OK, makes sense, I haven't kept up with all of the forum news. But it would still be nice to understand what the editor can and can't do (or will be able to do when it is fixed).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI