Trouble with manual update installer? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First

seandownunder -> Trouble with manual update installer? (4/18/2021 3:47:04 AM)

Hi Everyone,

I installed the base game using the GOG installer, then after downloading the manual patch update from the Slitherine site, I keep encountering an error saying it can't find the game installed?

My hunch says that the update from the Slitherine site is only if you purchased from their site?

Thanks in advance.

Sean.

ineffable -> RE: Trouble with manual update installer? (4/18/2021 12:16:44 PM)

Your hunch is correct. However, not necessary to manually install any patches with GOG or Steam as these can do so automatically. See the GOG settings for TBF > Manage Installation or Check for updates.

[image]local://upfiles/69269/9AD9875B52C249AB9948BEFFA854B3B5.jpg[/image]

seandownunder -> RE: Trouble with manual update installer? (4/18/2021 11:53:13 PM)

Thanks ineffable for your response. What you say makes sense, I'll check out the GOG settings per your screenshot [:)]

ineffable -> RE: Trouble with manual update installer? (4/19/2021 11:44:20 AM)

For clarity, below is a better slice of the GOG screen where you'll find the settings. The version number displays upper left on the TBF splash screen both as you enter the game, and as you enter battle. GOG is still at v.1.1.8, lagging behind Steam in getting the latest patch, v.1.1.9. So you'll know what youre missing:

Version 1.1.9
* Changing language settings no longer causes the mod selection UI to display.
* Game now pauses automatically when you bring up the system menu during battle and resumes when you close the system menu.
* ‘Extra Ammo’ upgrade can now be assigned correctly.
* Shift+9 / Shift+0 passable/impassable terrain overlay now shows only in the Map Editor.

[image]local://upfiles/69269/7F46DB924D1E4B13B719EECCA9AA69DA.jpg[/image]

seandownunder -> RE: Trouble with manual update installer? (4/20/2021 12:10:37 AM)

Thanks for the added screenshot, and information about the latest patch. Glad they are still working on the occasional update to the game [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI