(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Angel -> (8/25/2003 4:03:35 PM)

HI Mogami,
What mostly affected my CV battles is not in the in the poll. It's ...what happened the day before the battle!
When my( or his, it happened also to my opponents ) CV TF is heading for the battle and just meet a transportTF or a surfaceTF my CV usually make a full strike taking losses and fatigue.Then, my terrific weapons are turned into pumpkins for one or two days and are easy targets for the comming ennemy TF.
So ,I'm now trying to play in an other way to avoid this.I send a lot of Tf one day ahead from my CV Tf for recon purpose, and if I see an ennemy transport or a Sc Tf ...I withdraw! I also take care to be out of range of ennemy ports: out of the range of my own planes!I don't care a lot about ennemy planes ,my worst ennemies are my own pilots and their suicidal tendencies.If the Vals and Dauntless had a range of 15 hex ,the game would be unplayable.
Of course all this is gamey and I would like to play in a more historical way, so if you can guive some advices...thanks!
I asked in this forum for a kind of target priority or something like that ( an "attack CVTF only "order) . But I'm affraid witp will still have the same problem. Some would say it's micro management but altitude setting is already micro,micro management.

Speaking about altitude, does it affect the result of your CV battles so much?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI