.11 Beta will not install (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support

pompack -> .11 Beta will not install (4/19/2021 7:37:48 PM)

.11 Beta will not install. Message says "There is a problem with your serial number. Please contact the matrix Games Help Desk for support". Well... I tried to do that and it said login. So I did. And it showed me "My menu" with no option for "help Desk" So after a couple of retries and searching for the Helpdesk option that I couldn't find, I gave up with the "Help Desk" and filed this here, fully realizing that I should have gone to the "Help Desk".

With all that behind me now, here is my problem:

.02 beta loaded fine.
.07 loaded fine via the Updater
.11 beta gives me the message about problem with serial number.

While I can do fine without this particular Beta update, it does disturb me that there is a problem getting it. Any thoughts?

P.S. Any word on when the Steam connection will open up?

Denniss -> RE: .11 Beta will not install (4/19/2021 8:13:20 PM)

For some reason the .11 version is without installer.
You have to unzip the file, this will create a subfolder WITE210011BetaUpdate, the three files in this folder need to be copied to your WitE2 installation folder, overwriting the existing files.

Joel Billings -> RE: .11 Beta will not install (4/19/2021 8:15:40 PM)

Yes, this is just a hotfix that has to be manually unzipped into the game directory. The full installer update with data/scenario changes is expected to be available in the next few days.

pompack -> RE: .11 Beta will not install (4/19/2021 9:39:24 PM)

g
quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Yes, this is just a hotfix that has to be manually unzipped into the game directory. The full installer update with data/scenario changes is expected to be available in the next few days.

good. My problem with the hot fix is that I can separately extract the files or go for a direct load but it always gives me the serial number rejection. As long as the updater still works it really doesn't matter for this beta.

Denniss -> RE: .11 Beta will not install (4/19/2021 9:50:31 PM)

problem is the subfolder in the .zip package, otherwise you could just unzip it in your game installation folder.
You can't start the game from the included files until you copy/move them to your game folder

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI