A plea for a zoom function on the operational map (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

HannoMeier -> A plea for a zoom function on the operational map (8/25/2003 7:47:29 PM)

Dear Matrix/SSG,

I am a most loyal and fanatic Korsun Pocket fan (former TAO2 addict). I enjoy the game immensely, but even on my 19 inch screen, I experience the operational map as too small and therefore the units as too hard to read. I am convinced that some customers enjoy the overview over a large area, therefore I propose an option where the resolution of the operational map could be zoomed or changed.

A nice sideeffect of a zoom feature would be a feeling of a larger area of operations for both sides. As an example, I really loved the resolution of TAO2, where you got a feeling of a large battle fought over a large area.

Would this option be possible? What do other gamers think about this?

Best Regards, Hanno

Belisarius -> (8/25/2003 8:51:15 PM)

Hmm....since the game resolution is fixed, I believe it would be harder to see details on my 17" than on a 19"? However, I have no problems with the size, everything is clearly visible and the scale is alright.

TAO2 made my eyes bleed, those HUGE in yo' face graphics. Ugh. Different strokes..

Pawlock -> (8/25/2003 8:56:37 PM)

[QUOTE=Hanno Meier]Dear Matrix/SSG,

I am a most loyal and fanatic Korsun Pocket fan (former TAO2 addict). I enjoy the game immensely, but even on my 19 inch screen, I experience the operational map as too small and therefore the units as too hard to read. I am convinced that some customers enjoy the overview over a large area, therefore I propose an option where the resolution of the operational map could be zoomed or changed.

A nice sideeffect of a zoom feature would be a feeling of a larger area of operations for both sides. As an example, I really loved the resolution of TAO2, where you got a feeling of a large battle fought over a large area.

Would this option be possible? What do other gamers think about this?

Best Regards, Hanno[/QUOTE]

I take it you mean the main map, not the top right hand corner one?

If so, then I heartilly agree, although pleasing on the eye, detail can be hard to make out which so far IMO is the games only negative point so far.

On a side note, when I get chance I'll have to buy an RGB lead for my laptop and try the game out on my 42" plasma screen, which can still display in VGA 1078 by 850ish res.
Unfortunatly, this can never be a permanent thing as the TV is still used for TV mainly and the wife would not be too happy me taking it over to play the PC;-)

CBase -> (8/26/2003 6:25:33 AM)

I have not yet purchased Korsun Pocket but the lack of zoom levels for the tactical map was my biggest complaint with TAO. I always thought the tactical map showed too small a portion of the overall battle while the strategic map did not show enough detail - neither was just quite right for me. Using the tactical map in TAO was like trying to read a real map while looking through that cardboard tube that comes with a paper towel roll – as you are scanning the map it is difficult to get a feel for how far various units and terrain features are from one another. Perhaps the sequels will have a zoom feature.

Greywulf -> Zoom Function (8/30/2003 1:35:31 PM)

Well I guess I'm an older war gammer.I'll tell you this much If Matrix or whoever is involved in this part of the game doese'nt fix the zoom (to allow many of us to be able to see the units) I'll be returning this game or if I can't return it will not buy another Matrix product.I wear glasses for reading and another pair for the computer and I still can't see the units. Sorry if I sound determined but I think It's a little narrow minded not to have considered a zoom option.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI