? about awards and medals (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Jackk -> ? about awards and medals (7/11/2001 11:52:00 PM)

In the MC I see the 2 buttons for medals and ribbons, but what do they mean? I know that you are supposed to be awarded some of them according to your performance, but I see alot of stuff on those 2 pages and I've only played one battle. Do they get highlighted or something if you get awarded one of them? I know they are just aesthetic but was just curious as to how they work. Also, since ver 5.0 the V key no longer does the VCR. Was that to cut the redundancy with the button on screen? Thanks

SAMWolf -> (7/11/2001 11:56:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Jackk: In the MC I see the 2 buttons for medals and ribbons, but what do they mean? I know that you are supposed to be awarded some of them according to your performance, but I see alot of stuff on those 2 pages and I've only played one battle. Do they get highlighted or something if you get awarded one of them? I know they are just aesthetic but was just curious as to how they work. Also, since ver 5.0 the V key no longer does the VCR. Was that to cut the redundancy with the button on screen? Thanks
When you receive an award it will be labeled "AWARDED" underneath the one you receive.

David Heath -> (7/12/2001 1:04:00 AM)

The V key was removed do to players hitting the key by mistake. If you hit the help button you will see the hot key that activates the VCR now.

Jackk -> (7/12/2001 4:08:00 AM)

Thanks guys. Hey David, in the help screen it says it's the V key :-)

Paul Vebber -> (7/12/2001 11:10:00 AM)

try alt or ctrl V

Wild Bill -> (7/12/2001 12:46:00 PM)

Medals only come with a certain number of decisive victories, Jackk. That does require some courage and skill. But it can be done. Go for it! Let us know how you do. In fact, I wonder just how many have been awarded medals so far? Wild Bill

Reg -> (7/12/2001 3:02:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Jackk: Thanks guys. Hey David, in the help screen it says it's the V key :-)
I think it also says the full stop (period) key stops replay. I was under the impression this had also been deleted. Some minor bugs foe the next release :rolleyes: ;) :D Reg.

Jody -> (7/12/2001 4:45:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Medals only come with a certain number of decisive victories, Jackk. That does require some courage and skill. But it can be done. Go for it! Let us know how you do. In fact, I wonder just how many have been awarded medals so far? Wild Bill
Hey Bill I got my sleeve patch after the 1st battle after a decisive victory. :D :D :D

gdpsnake -> (7/12/2001 8:28:00 PM)

I must be a screw up. All I got is the "wounded badge!"

Jackk -> (7/12/2001 10:00:00 PM)

Paul, Yep, it was alt-V. Thank you. Bill, Oh I got the courage, but the skill is a bit lacking :D I lost alot of armor in the first battle on the mines. With only 1 platoon of engineers to cover that much ground, there was bound to be some "oopsies". Now that I know what to look for, I have the Title cuff thingy which may have come after that 1st battle - a moderate victory, mostly due to armor losses - and I have the Infantry Assault badge which I think came after the 2nd battle which was that ambush of reinforcements on a road. Wow, what a shooting gallery. The only thing the infantry did was move to the road when the enemy armor was gone and perform cleanup and hex capture. Oh well, on to the next one. Thank you all for your replies. [ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: Jackk ]

Paul Vebber -> (7/12/2001 10:07:00 PM)

Stopping teh VCR in teh middle was VERY BAD...it tried to restart teh game from teh point teh VCR stopped..as it was actually replaying the turn :eek: We had to delete that function...

SAMWolf -> (7/12/2001 10:18:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Jody: Hey Bill I got my sleeve patch after the 1st battle after a decisive victory. :D :D :D
I must really be good, I received my sleeve patch just for showing up!! :eek: I saw "Awarded" before starting the mission. :D

Wild Bill -> (7/12/2001 11:35:00 PM)

The sleeve patch was given to all who fought in North Africa. It was common. Sorry to burst your bubble. The ribbons are not actually awards or medals. There are three of them in case we were able to do all three North Africa campaigns, one for each year. Medals are something else again. You can get some medals easier than others. The infantry and tank combat badges will be earned if you stay alive by kills. The wound badge is awarded if your HQ unit takes casualties. The road to the Knights Cross with Swords is a long, hard one. You have to have four descive victories to win your first Knight's Cross. It goes up from there. So you can see that they don't come easy :eek: When you get one, you have performed very well and can be proud of it! Wild Bill

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI