New ASW Changes--thoughts? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

DWReese -> New ASW Changes--thoughts? (4/23/2021 3:16:05 PM)

The game recently touted some significant changes to ASW warfare. I have not had an opportunity to play around with them myself, but I was wondering if any of you have and, if so, what are your thoughts? What can you expect to be different than before?

Doug

guanotwozero -> RE: New ASW Changes--thoughts? (4/23/2021 4:18:19 PM)

The main thing I've noticed is the lack of convergence zones (they're now rarer), so I've not been using my subs for longer-range detection/tracking nearly as much as before. And it may be my imagination, but it seems sonobuoys aren't as effective as they used to be. The two may be related, though I'm just speculating there.

DWReese -> RE: New ASW Changes--thoughts? (4/23/2021 5:46:32 PM)

Thanks.

I'll check those out.

Anyone else play with the new ASW as of yet?

Doug

AndrewJ -> RE: New ASW Changes--thoughts? (4/24/2021 12:57:31 PM)

Under-layer performance of towed sensors (arrays, VDS) has dropped noticeably as a result of the change. You probably won't be seeing a lot of CZ detections from those sensors any more, and detections which you do get are at reduced range. Surface ship hull sonars remain the same.

DWReese -> RE: New ASW Changes--thoughts? (4/24/2021 1:01:45 PM)

Interesting.

So, I assume that the general consensus is that sub detection, as a whole, will be more difficult than it was before.

Doug

BeirutDude -> RE: New ASW Changes--thoughts? (4/24/2021 11:06:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DWReese

Interesting.

So, I assume that the general consensus is that sub detection, as a whole, will be more difficult than it was before.

Doug

GOOD!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI