Convoys and stuff (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

warspite1 -> Convoys and stuff (4/25/2021 7:21:37 AM)

Question please:

Is there anyway of the US ceasing aid to China? I selected that the US aid the Chinese early in the game, but now wish the US to keep their aid for themselves. Is this possible?

Platoonist -> RE: Convoys and stuff (4/25/2021 7:36:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Question please:

Is there anyway of the US ceasing aid to China? I selected that the US aid the Chinese early in the game, but now wish the US to keep their aid for themselves. Is this possible?

The US aid packages to China from both Hanoi and Burma are Decision Events. If you say yes at the time, there is no taking it back later.

[image]local://upfiles/9147/B60C910C0FF242508099DECD5D4D31E1.jpg[/image]

warspite1 -> RE: Convoys and stuff (4/25/2021 7:49:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

quote:

Question please:

The US aid packages to China from both Hanoi and Burma are Decision Events. If you say yes at the time, there is no taking it back later.

[image]local://upfiles/9147/B60C910C0FF242508099DECD5D4D31E1.jpg[/image]
warspite1

That's what I feared. I couldn't see anything in the manual to suggest otherwise but was hoping I'd missed it.

Thanks for responding.

ForzaA -> RE: Convoys and stuff (4/25/2021 9:18:28 AM)

As far as I know, the only variant of the US aid to China that actually costs the US anything ongoing is the Hump variant of the aid - regaining either the Burma Road (Kunming-Rangoon-Mandalay-Lashio) or the Kunming-Hanoi Railroad would ensure there's no ongoing cost to the USA.

warspite1 -> RE: Convoys and stuff (4/25/2021 10:27:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ForzaA

As far as I know, the only variant of the US aid to China that actually costs the US anything ongoing is the Hump variant of the aid - regaining either the Burma Road (Kunming-Rangoon-Mandalay-Lashio) or the Kunming-Hanoi Railroad would ensure there's no ongoing cost to the USA.
warspite1

Interesting. I've just checked my income for the last turn and there is 60MPP going to China, but no other Allied nation is picking up the bill.

Thanks for clarifying.

Yvan1326 -> RE: Convoys and stuff (4/25/2021 10:28:01 AM)

correct,
besides, is it really logical that American aid does not cost the United States anything?
[:-]

ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: Convoys and stuff (4/25/2021 1:41:48 PM)

quote:

Interesting. I've just checked my income for the last turn and there is 60MPP going to China, but no other Allied nation is picking up the bill.

Yes, it is interesting, correct, and footing the bill has continued into 2021.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI