Unit health indicators not displayed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Neilster -> Unit health indicators not displayed (4/28/2021 6:50:21 AM)

Hi all. I'm using the Steam version of OPART IV and I don't have unit health indicators displayed on the unit itself, but only in the info box about the unit. This is annoying as I want to click quickly through stacks to ascertain health without having to constantly look away to the box.

The picture below illustrates what I'm seeing...and a particularly enjoyable cutting off of Army Group North, Aug 03 1944 [;)]

Is there a setting I can change to fix this? Thanks in advance.

[image]local://upfiles/10515/A789925B5E7E4B7D9E0A130AA36DBC64.jpg[/image]

Lobster -> RE: Unit health indicators not displayed (4/28/2021 3:47:56 PM)

Are you using a mod? There is no difference in the game between buying it from Steam or buying the game from Matrix/Slitherine.

Neilster -> RE: Unit health indicators not displayed (4/28/2021 10:40:45 PM)

No mod. I had trouble updating my Matrix version so I used the Steam key and it's completely stock.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Unit health indicators not displayed (4/28/2021 10:48:54 PM)

Look for where you have "supplystate.png".

Neilster -> RE: Unit health indicators not displayed (4/29/2021 2:00:54 AM)

It's in "F:\Games\Matrix Games\TOAW 4\Graphics Override\FITE2\Design Elements\Png og Bmp"

I should note, I don't seem to have health indicators in any scenario, even FITE2.

Lobster -> RE: Unit health indicators not displayed (4/29/2021 2:34:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

It's in "F:\Games\Matrix Games\TOAW 4\Graphics Override\FITE2\Design Elements\Png og Bmp"

Wow. How did it get there? [:D]
Just stick it in the Graphics folder. It's the one that says supplystate.png

[image]local://upfiles/45799/A0FAD8268A3743F09535FD68B20C0228.jpg[/image]

Neilster -> RE: Unit health indicators not displayed (4/29/2021 3:17:08 AM)

I have no idea. Unless it's a general problem with the Steam version, I must have accidentally done it but it's not the sort of thing I do and I don't recall getting into any of the folders.

Anyway, your suggestion seems to have fixed the problem. I now have health indicators, so thanks very much to both you and Curtis Lemay. That's going to make the game easier and quicker to play.

As you can see, the 417th Rifle Division has just captured Insterburg, the first German population centre to fall to the Red Army, and, to paraphrase The World at War, it was subjected to a particularly savage sacking.

[image]local://upfiles/10515/AB68F904ACDB4469A4628A6B1C59338D.jpg[/image]

Lobster -> RE: Unit health indicators not displayed (4/29/2021 1:31:11 PM)

Like I said. No difference between Steam and Matrix. It's the same thing. The file you found on your computer is the one used in FitE2 so it was in the FitE2 folder in Graphics Override. Yours should be in the Graphics folder. If not then it was manually moved or deleted. The install program will not move it or delete it.

Glad you got it fixed. [;)]

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Unit health indicators not displayed (4/29/2021 2:18:41 PM)

I also note that you have Borders turned on (row three, column three button), but the borders don't show.

Check where you have Borders.png, h_Borders.png, and s_Borders.png. There are also possesion flags needed for one state of that button.

Also, you have supply display off (row one, column one button). Cycle through it to see if supply points and supply locations show properly.

Edit: Also check to see if clouds can show (row one, columm two button). Also check if battles show (row three, column four button).

Neilster -> RE: Unit health indicators not displayed (4/29/2021 3:08:33 PM)

h_Borders.png was in the Graphics folder and I copied the other two from Leipzig 1813 as they were missing. Supply, weather and battles seem to be working. Thanks again for your help.

Rumania has thrown in the towel and as a result the German situation there is in chaos. A rapid extraction of forces will be required to avoid a significant encirclement.

[image]local://upfiles/10515/A412276AC7C347258CE130C78DE536F4.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI