RIP John Tiller (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

carll11 -> RIP John Tiller (4/28/2021 10:32:26 PM)

Just thought it apt to somewhere, mark a tribute to a giant, John Tiller on April 26 2021, laid down his sword and keyboard and passed on.

I am sure I am not alone in in feeling how lucky we are he came along (and the other pioneers as well)....and thank him for the literally thousands of hours of joy I spent ( and still spend) playing his games, of all eras.

I clearly remember laying out the humongous Korsun Pocket in our day room in Germany and thinking, there simply had to a better way,there was and he found it......

RIP John, thank you and god bless.

MrRoadrunner -> RE: RIP John Tiller (4/29/2021 1:00:33 PM)

Amen!

+100

Big Ivan -> RE: RIP John Tiller (4/29/2021 1:10:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: carll11

Just thought it apt to somewhere, mark a tribute to a giant, John Tiller on April 26 2021, laid down his sword and keyboard and passed on.

I am sure I am not alone in in feeling how lucky we are he came along (and the other pioneers as well)....and thank him for the literally thousands of hours of joy I spent ( and still spend) playing his games, of all eras.

I clearly remember laying out the humongous Korsun Pocket in our day room in Germany and thinking, there simply had to a better way,there was and he found it......

RIP John, thank you and god bless.

Amen and + another 100.

DM729 -> RE: RIP John Tiller (4/29/2021 7:21:10 PM)

Very sad to hear of John Tiller's passing. As a child I loved chess. After chess came Avalon Hill and with computers as an adult came Tiller's Battlegrounds with Waterloo, Civil War and Bulge. Campaign Series is the pinnacle in my mind at least!

May John Tiller fare well on the Battlefields Beyond!

Here is a link to a YouTube interview with him back in 2014-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFfqWNYS4_Y

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI