German Supply in Russia (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

LoneRunner -> German Supply in Russia (5/4/2021 12:52:03 AM)

In a recent online game, I kept track of the supply level of Russian cities and towns as they were captured by my Axis forces. Here's a few of the results: Orsha 5 supply, Kiev 4 supply, Dnepropetrovsk 4 supply, Kherson 4 supply, Gomel 5 supply. I did encounter a few exceptions, Leningrad 2 supply, Moscow 3 supply. But for the most part I was barely slowed by lack of supply.

Currently, against a good player, the Russians can't survive without multiple harassing Allied attacks in 42 and a second front in 43. I think the problem is that the Germans can drive all the way to Moscow or Stalingrad without much regard to supply problems.

I know the Scorched Earth issue was addressed a few patches ago, however I think the problem still exists. Perhaps the game could be adjusted such that all Russian cities and towns are captured at 1 or 2 supply.

Taifun -> RE: German Supply in Russia (5/4/2021 12:06:55 PM)

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4858305

This is the original threat "Scorched Earth in the East front" back in WiE last year.

I suggest: No city or town should be more than level 4 after capture, so no troops can be operated the same turn that the place falls in German hands...

Taifun -> RE: German Supply in Russia (5/4/2021 12:22:26 PM)

LoneRunner -> RE: German Supply in Russia (5/5/2021 4:22:35 AM)

In a current online game, my German forces captured Penza this turn...at 5 supply! I immediately placed an HQ in the town. Next turn all my surrounding forces will be in good supply, 6 or 7. Full replacements. Full movement. This is at the tip of the spear. And next turn I'll be able to operate artillery units through the town right up to the outskirts of Kubyshev. Great for me but this incredible mobility seems unfair to the Russian.

I've read accounts of the German advance toward Moscow in 41. For the Russians, scorched earth meant literally scorched earth. Whole towns burned. Not a building left standing. Infrastructure destroyed. Miles of rails torn up. Maybe we should consider limiting initial supply on captured Russian cities and towns.

LoneRunner -> RE: German Supply in Russia (5/5/2021 4:32:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taifun

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4858305

This is the original threat "Scorched Earth in the East front" back in WiE last year.

I suggest: No city or town should be more than level 4 after capture, so no troops can be operated the same turn that the place falls in German hands...

I don't think troops can be operated through a town on the same turn as capture regardless of the captured supply level. I tried it when I captured Penza at supply level 5 and the game wouldn't let me, heh.

But next turn I can operate through.

However, I think supply level 4 after capture is too much because if an HQ is moved into the town, next turn the town bumps up to level 5 and all the surrounding troops are at 6 or 7 supply. Full reinforcement. Full movement.

boudi -> RE: German Supply in Russia (5/5/2021 6:12:12 AM)

+1 For many years I told that there was a problem with the war in the east, Red army has no chance starting spring 42. Only answers I received from some players were "no the game is well balanced, problem is you... Blablabla" then I gave up. Nice to see that somebody else noticed the problem.

Marcinos1985 -> RE: German Supply in Russia (5/5/2021 8:07:53 PM)

Perhaps an important issue here is that low supply doesn't effect Germans as much as it 'should'. Especially when it comes to movement - supply 1 and still their panzers can move 4 hexes. In effect you may get to Perm in 1942. As if they were finding canisters full of diesel waiting for them in Soviet huts.
Check distance between Warsaw and Perm to see what an accomplishement is this. Sometimes I feel WaW scale is a little bit off. Is it possible in WiE to get through Russia as fast as in WaW?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI